Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Longmire [A&E/Netflix - US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A really good opening episode to season 5 and I like the way the story might go.

Four episodes in and the standard of this show has not dropped one bit.

Episodes 3 & 4 main episode stories are really really strong.

If this show doesn't get nominated for an major award before it's run ends it will be an utter disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

So I take it this is not available on Irish Netflix?

DeepBlue wrote:
    So I take it this is not available on Irish Netflix?

Nope, TCM's existing contract means that Netflix here can't show it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Nope, TCM's existing contract means that Netflix here can't show it

Which is funny in a way.

I don't know anyone who watches it on tcm so wonder if they get decent as revenue from it.

Also, I'm surprised their contract extended to series 4 and 5 after it was cancelled by the other american network.

noodler wrote:
    Also, I'm surprised their contract extended to series 4 and 5 after it was cancelled by the other american network.

Their contract was with Warner who own the show and as such they continue to have first look here. Have no real problem with it, can easily watch it on Netflix with a minutes work and I think that for many older fans having it on a TV channel is beneficial, especially over here where for many people inherent connection just isn't what it should be.

Wow the ending to episode 5 wow.

Another awesome season of Longmire and as close to perfection as a show can get.

There was talk that this would be the final season but the ending (Cliffhangers)hopefully means it will continue with another season or at the very least a Netflix movie to wrap up everything.

Walt is a man I would love to have a beer with.

Netflix need to promote this heavily in awards season for GG and Emmys this show deserves nominations that at the very least.

On a side note it was great to see The Ferg get his own little arc during the middle episodes

Are the Episodes all the guts of an hour (or more!) like S4?

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Are the Episodes all the guts of an hour (or more!) like S4?

Yes they are all in and around the 1 hour mark in length with a couple close to 70 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I'm on at EP3 and would agreed that the standard is still excellent. Its a pity they have switched from filming on location to using backdrops (or whatever they are called) as its taking away from the visual element of the show. Walt's view outside his cabin was always stunning....just not the same anymore.

Peace wrote: »
    I'm on at EP3 and would agreed that the standard is still excellent. Its a pity they have switched from filming on location to using backdrops (or whatever they are called) as its taking away from the visual element of the show. Walt's view outside his cabin was always stunning....just not the same anymore.

Thats very disappointing from here.

I would sometimes juts pause the show last season and check out some of the backgrounds - seriously impressively show in terms of visuals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Thats very disappointing from here.

I would sometimes juts pause the show last season and check out some of the backgrounds - seriously impressively show in terms of visuals.

Yeah, be a shame if they lost the scenery, the landscape was part of what made this show. It was more than just a set, it was the context for the characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finished this tonight (finally). Quality TV as always, but the last episode was a lesson in frustration.

A ton of loose ends (Mayor, Mob, Henry, Golf, Cady, Settlement, Chance) with very little resolution. It felt like the first half to a full season and that it was a mid-season set of cliffhangers.

Hopefully season 6 will be a bit more focused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

Their contract was with Warner who own the show and as such they continue to have first look here. Have no real problem with it, can easily watch it on Netflix with a minutes work and I think that for many older fans having it on a TV channel is beneficial, especially over here where for many people inherent connection just isn't what it should be.

It's strange Netflix didn't at least get "library" rights here, though, if you get what I mean.

• Advertisement

Three episodes in.

Opener was much more low keybthan last season but ep2 and especially 3 finished beautifully.

Oh that scene in episode 4...ton of bricks.

Finished ep 7. Weakest so far.

A little disappointed with this compared to S4 at the moment.

Finished ep 7. Weakest so far.

A little disappointed with this compared to S4 at the moment.

Ep 8 excellent tho

Finished.

Disappointed with the sheer number of loose ends.

As others have suggested, I really hope it means that the producers know something we don't about a possible season 6 because it would be the most unfinished mess ever if it stopped there.

Good season all the same.
    Can't say I noticed if they had switches to using backdrops, scenery still looked stunning.

Also good to see the other characters getting of more to do.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »

Fantastic news.

I wish it was 13 EPs.

They've a helluva lot to get through in S6.

May have to cut back further on story of the week.

I'd love.to own this on Blu Ray when its all wrapped.

Really glad that the show is getting at least one more series, been holding of watching series 5 as if was to be the last we see of the show I wanted to make it last. Up to episode 4 of series 5 and it is exceptional television. Longmire is the best show on TV right now, a dark, adult, intelligent and thrilling show that goes places few would expect. There's a certain moment in episode 4 that is hauntingly beautiful and heartbreaking in equal measure, the manner in which it plays manages not to feel exploitive or there simply to shock.

Longmire should by rights be the biggest thing on TV right now but alas it seems destined to simply be the best kept secret on Netflix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Peace wrote: »

its all about view

Season 5 starts tonight on TCM @7;40pm

18198768_1041737245960936_6793712556659605729_n.jpg?oh=15eecad4bb38b2af012f0557d9a688b9&oe=59ACD0E3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭irishchris

18198768_1041737245960936_6793712556659605729_n.jpg?oh=15eecad4bb38b2af012f0557d9a688b9&oe=59ACD0E3

But only on Netflix usa which there is no way anymore of getting ðŸ™

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

irishchris wrote: »
    But only on Netflix usa which there is no way anymore of getting ðŸ™

Yeah, but all the streams from various other apps and sources appear then as well that we can't discuss here. Think it'll still be shown on TCM if you have the sky channels too.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

therealkateesackhoff And then she was gone...Goodbye Vic, Goodbye Sheriff, and Ferg, Cady, Standing Bear, and Ruby. Goodbye Absaroka. What a magnificent 7 years of my life. I'm honored to have brought this "Terror" to life and humbled by the love and loyalty of our fans and dedication of our tremendous crew. To say I will miss this chapter is an understatement. I will treasure it always. Goodbye #Longmire #bts #finalday #filmnewmexico @roberttaylor6677 @adamlbartley @hatface #actorslife ��

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWDlYaMlag6/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

This was due back this month i'm near sure, imdb says 2017 now??

Best guess would be sometime in October.

Netflix just added a trailer recapping series 5 with a note saying that Series 6 is coming soon. Wondering if they are going to drop Longmire into the slot they had open for The Punisher.

Final series coming November 17 according to the Longmire page on Netflix.

Trailer for the final series is here:

Looks action packed.

Back later today. :eek::)

There episodes in and the standard has not dropped one bit all the storylines are coming to a closing.

I will miss this cast of characters and the stories they tell when I finish this season.

Yeah I'm 3 in too. Really great. No dip in quality at all. Can't wait to see how it ends. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

I started watching season 1 of this a while back but found it very routine

Has the series got better as it goes along?

• Advertisement

You probably won't like the rest then best stop and find something else to watch.

You probably won't like the rest then best stop and find something else to watch.

i found it rather formulaic

a new murder in each episode

As I say best off finding something else then.

i don't know yet

i may watch some more if it gets better

There's an arc.

Its just not as pronounced as in modern TV.

Persist til the end of season two at the very least.

Its just such a beautiful show. Soundtrack. Characters.

Can't wait to start the last season but also don't want it to end.

Just watched up to episode 6 wow.

Have to stop now and make a night of watching the last 4 later in the week.

Go on The Ferg! :eek::eek::D:D:D

• Advertisement

I've watched 9 episodes and have 1 left and I really don't want to watch it as I don't want this story to end!

I'm going to save it for a Sunday afternoon with a bottle of whiskey.

A perfect end to a great show.

longmire_for_sheriff_rectangle_car_magnet.jpg?color=White&height=460&width=460&padToSquare=true

God I wish UK / Ireland Netflix had this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The 6th (final) season starts on TCM UK on Sunday January 7th at 8pm

Little disappointed with the season so far. Only the finale left.

Doesn't really feel like it's building up to a big one. Then again, guess it's never been that kind of show.

I think S4 and S5 were better.

Strange comment, but there hasn't been one "scene", particularly with music, that has grabbed me this year.

S4 had the opener, the aftermath of the Barlow incident, the finale. S5 had the scene at the lake and the very emotional scene with Mathias and Henry (kid) as well as the finale.

Love the show to bits. Sad to see it go. Will hopefully finish tomorrow or the next day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement