Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useful Downloads

• 28-11-2004 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭

I've just gotten connected to my college network, but it seems like a bit of a waste to just use it for web browsing, since it's so damn fast! So I'm looking for some decent sites/downloads (obviously no warez on the boards...) to make the most of my connection. Basically looking for anything you'd consider as being a broadband must-have: EbaumsWorld type sites, useful downloads, tv/radio streams, etc.
    Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

If you're into linux or wanting to give it a go then prepare for near instant downloads. Nab it from http;//ftp.heanet.ie and you'll have a couple of hundred mbs in a few short minutes. :P Unless of course the college connection decides to eat large downloads as DCU's Proxy was doing a few weeks ago.

You could sign up that MP3 pay site that is supposidly legal (I'm not saying it is, just that that's what people tell me). I know a numebr of people who get their music from it. Someone else will tell you the name cause I don't remember it. :D

Can't think of much else useful at the minute...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

halenger wrote:
    You could sign up that MP3 pay site that is supposidly legal (I'm not saying it is, just that that's what people tell me). I know a numebr of people who get their music from it. Someone else will tell you the name cause I don't remember it.

Done! Spent $4 already - 400MB of possibly semi-illegal music. I'm interested in Linux, and I did have a look around the ISO folders on Heanet, but it's still a bit advanced for me yet, although Heanet downloads are fast. Unbeliveably fast.

Anyway, any more suggestions will be appreciated.

Advertisement