Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social House transfer

Options
  • 27-08-2011 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

I got offered a transfer from my coucil house and have decided to take it up.
    Im curious to know when leaving the house that Im presently in to what extent to I clean it? Do I have to pull up the flooring and paint all walls magnolia etc?
    There hasnt been any real internal work done, just all cosmetic

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I got offered a transfer from my coucil house and have decided to take it up.
    Im curious to know when leaving the house that Im presently in to what extent to I clean it? Do I have to pull up the flooring and paint all walls magnolia etc?
    There hasnt been any real internal work done, just all cosmetic

Thanks in advance

Pull up the flooring???????

It would be a nice gesture to paint the walls, make sure kitchen units are clean and the place left clean, dusted and in a nice airy condition- but I really think that is pretty much the extent of it.

What do you have in mind with the 'pull up the flooring' comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

as in I put Lino and wooden floor down when I moved in first, the original lino is still underneath it

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'd say if it looks nice, leave it. Other than that, have a quick word with whomever the is your "contact" in the CC.

Advertisement