Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ucd access course interview

Options
  • 27-08-2011 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭

I've got an interview next week for Arts and Human Sciences access course in ucd. Has anyone done an interview for it this year or last? what's the format exactly? How long do they usually last for?

I'm kind of at a loss as to how to prepare for it any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Liamo Valentino

I recently finished my Access Course in May and I am presently starting my first year in Arts. I am studying Psychology, English, History and Philosophy. I'm really looking forward to starting it.

Basically you will be called into an office with a lady called Thomond and sat down for a chat. Be clear to outline exactly why you are taking the course and also what you hope to achieve in the future from it. Thomond may ask you what books you are presently reading and what type of reading takes your fancy or what subjects you are interested in studying. Just be honest. Lastly, she may ask you to write a few words/statement as to why you want to do the course.

All in all it is quite a short interview, maybe around 15/20 minutes and it is NOT massively formal at all so do not worry about what to wear, how to speak, etc.!! Thomond is a very approachable and helpful person, it will not be like an inquisition. They just want to make sure you truly want to do the course. If you have no experience of third level studies, the access course can be quite empowering.

I'm a lot more confident and have a much better idea of the workload and academic standard expected of me in the coming years.

You should have absoloutely no problem gaining a place if you really want one.

Best of luck with it mate, any more questions just ask.

Liam Murphy

Advertisement