Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a piping bag?

• 27-08-2011 10:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I need to buy a piping bag (for cake decorating) urgently. Seems the supermarkets don't sell them. Argos doesn't either.

Where can I get one from in town?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Hi,
    Try these places

1. The Dresser, Georges Street
    2. Crepe Shop (cake stuff at the back of the shop), Michael Street.
    3. TK Max, beside Storm Cinema

- BFG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Murt10

Snip the corner off a heavy duty freezer bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My friend has this one from Argos, but they used to do a bigger one with a few nozzels by the same maker.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8425285/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CKitchen+and+laundry%7C14418476/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780847%7CCookware%7C14418537.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

They sell them in heatons good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

I'm fairly certain I've got one in Tesco Ardkeen last year for my son's 1st birthday. And if not there it must have been Heatons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Yeah I got one in Tesco Ardkeen lately, not a very fancy one and it was part of a small kit but think it was still fairly cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

You can get the best quality ones (like Wilton) in the back of Jamie's Cookshop off Michael street, or often times in TK Maxx.

None in Tesco Ardkeen at the moment. A Dr Otker stand usually comes in for Christmas with stuff like that on it, but not at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Thank you to everyone.

I tried The Dresser, they have the bag but not the nozzles. Tesco don't have any. Neither does Ardkeen Stores. Argos do (I was searching for "piping bag" - Argos have them as "icing bag"), but they're out of stock.

Found one in the €2 shop, for €2. Works fine.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

God that's great, must check the €2 shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Must check the 2euro shop too, I got one in Tesco ardkeen a while ago but its not great tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Hi folks,

I need to buy a piping bag (for cake decorating) urgently. Seems the supermarkets don't sell them. Argos doesn't either.

Where can I get one from in town?

You ask the weirdest questions. Have you given up on the chicken farming idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

You ask the weirdest questions. Have you given up on the chicken farming idea?

Only since I found a way of saving the €24 a month I was paying Mr Binman, but that's another story. You with your fancy Galaxy S2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Only since I found a way of saving the €24 a month I was paying Mr Binman, but that's another story. You with your fancy Galaxy S2.

Its better than an Iphone 4 thats for sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Jamies cook shop and creperie (across from scrumdiddlyumptious). Up in the back of the cafe they sell all sorts of mad utensils

Advertisement