Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenard

Options
  • 27-08-2011 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭

My friend is starting 1st year Physio in a few days and hasn't been accepted to on campus accommodation so she's looking around. Does anyone know anything about Glenard Residences? It seems a bit steep (6k for a year) but includes all food and bills.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Well seeing as the cheapest accommodation on campus is ~ €4300, its an extra €1700 for food and bills for the year (9 months). That works out at about €50 a week for all food and bills. Sounds like good value to me, however don't know what Glenard is like so can't comment on that.

Edit: looks a bit weird from their website imo

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Glenard is run by Opus Dei, who are a very strict Catholic organisation. I heard a while back they have to "vote" on which night of the week they can all stay out "late". I'd look for somewhere else to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Having had a bit of a nose around their websites, I can safely say, that place looks demented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 coolnessss

just went to see it recently... everything is great about it except the curfew of 12 and there are no guys :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

A friend of mine stayed there for a (very short) while. Wouldn't be my first choice. Or second...

There's loads of accommodation within walking distance of college - Seamount, Roebuck, Clonskeagh, even Stillorgan. Don't be put off by the thoughts of renting with strangers, you'd be living with strangers on-campus anyway, and it's all part of the fun of college!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Wow, these people look like a bunch of religious weirdos- I'd stay well clear...!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

Thanks folks, sounds like she'll have to keep looking :-/
    Blush_01 wrote: »
    There's loads of accommodation within walking distance of college - Seamount, Roebuck, Clonskeagh, even Stillorgan. Don't be put off by the thoughts of renting with strangers, you'd be living with strangers on-campus anyway, and it's all part of the fun of college!

She has no problem moving in with strangers at all :) There's not many places on daft or find a home that are close to UCD. Is there anywhere else that might help?

Advertisement