Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRUFFLE OIL- in cork!

Options
  • 27-08-2011 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi
    i bought some of this last year but when I used it I thought it was rank....
    if anyone wants it just pm me. Cost about 15 euro for about 250 mls and seems awful shame to waste!

unless of course ye have any suggestions
    (at the time I drizzled it over a mushroom soup- bleh!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

I bought my first bottle of this earlier in the year - just before I saw Gordon Ramsay giving out about it on Masterchef - apparently most of it has never been anywhere near a truffle and instead is 'designed' by perfumiers to taste like truffles.

Having said that, I found it was quite nice trickled over scrambled eggs with mushrooms, but the food snob in me has left it sitting on the shelf since hearing Gordon's comments, and doing some online research of my own which backed him up. I swear my perception of the taste changed with my new-found knowledge - before I knew what it really was it seemed to be a cross between pungent mushroom aroma and garlic - now it's gained a chemical aftertaste I'd not noticed before.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Once had a bottle of truffle vinegar - awful stuff - even had to stop using it to clean the toilet cause it smelled so bad:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

you could try adding it to mashed potato.
    Also, i had it on chips in a restaurant in new york once. was surprisingly nice!

Advertisement