Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website advertising

Options
  • 27-08-2011 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here any experience of selling advertising space on their website? What are the current market rates etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

It depends on the area your site is in , and how many page views you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Yup.. boils down to impressions my friend..

Ive sold about 20 spots on my websites.. some very cheap..
    There are also plenty of add brokers out there if u look hard enough :P
    A friend of mine in the game industry has a 400k impressions a month and can command $1000 an add

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Do a bit of research om the industry OP.
    Can vary hugely from €20-30 cpm to 0.50 cpm, depending on how deep a niche, what type of page, and of course impressions.

For example, a related product on a niche site, on a page that users are tuned in, with a good ad space, should command more than a bottom of the page MPU on a poor site, for example.

Plenty of guys more qualified to comment on this than me.

One thing I would say, is don't make the mistake of discounting yourself too much, as this can lead to an accepted price for the future then, and devalue the advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Thanks guys its a fairly new site in the music area and I am getting approzx 3000 hits a month small but i plan on growing it with competitions etc

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dahayeser

The company I work for have a web app and the login page alone gets about 800/1000 visits per day. Usually google analytics makes out that about half are unique visits for that day. We know profession of virtually all of these visitors too which should make it attractive to advertisers.

The company are now like nost struggling a bit and a colleague and I have been asked to look into the area of advertising on our site, something I have very little experience of.

Any idea of the advertising revenue that could be generated on those rough figures? Or could some one DM me contact details for a good ad broker that could advise.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Ya that aint bad at all.. What area is the company in..

If its insurance they could be on a goldmine.. if its joke/funny picture site it would be rubbish paying traffic from an add revenue point of view like adsense or chikita.

Moar info..plz

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dahayeser

Ya that aint bad at all.. What area is the company in..

If its insurance they could be on a goldmine.. if its joke/funny picture site it would be rubbish paying traffic from an add revenue point of view like adsense or chikita.

Moar info..plz

The Apprentice,
    No, its a serious site. I can't say too much on a public forum as it's not my site to discuss but I have PM'd you more details. Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 coffeetogo

kilburn wrote: »
    Has anyone here any experience of selling advertising space on their website? What are the current market rates etc?

I just use AdSense. Takes all of the hassle out of it, if for a much smaller cut of the revenue but you can spend more time on driving traffic to your site instead.

Advertisement