If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AUGUST 27/28/29th BANK HOLIDAY SPECIALS

Options
  • 27-08-2011 11:40am
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Boardies,

It's the August Bank holiday up here in sunny Belfast this weekend and we have a couple of bank holiday specials to try to cheer ourselves up in the absence of summer...

The 1st offer is on a very sexy Pioneer Ipod Dock:

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=10454

This Pioneer is called the XW-NAW 1 - it's a free standing or wall-mountable dock for your iPod or iPhone.

if you are looking for an speaker system that’s wall-mountable and still delivers decent sound quality from your iPod or iPhone? The XW-NAW1 is your solution.

Only about 8 cm thin, you can conveniently mount it on a wall using the 2 mounting holes. Or have it upright on your desk or table as a handsome accessory.

Use the touch-sensitive buttons to control the device. This way, the smooth operation of your iPhone or iPod extends to the speaker system for a seamless experience.

If you want to play video content from your iPod/iPhone, a component video output allows for connection to an external screen.

Other portable music players are supported as well: just connect it to the Aux in using a simple mini-jack cable -a compact remote control is included.

The amp is 2*15 Watts - so it goes loud and sounds really much better than any dock ought to !

The best news is that I have reduced it to just £66.66/ €77.77 for Boardies - and its first come 1st served!

The second deal is on a VERY nice TV - we have a few Philips 32PFL5605 32" LED 100Hz, Full HD TV's that I'm offering this weekend - these retailed at €629.99 and are now still retailing at a fantastic €499.99 - however I'm clearing these in Belfast at just £329.95 / €379.99.
    This really is a cracking price for a Full HD 100Hz quality branded 32" - it looks great and also (unusually for an LED) it also sounds great!.

You can see full details here - of course as it's an LED it's pretty efficent to run and the power consumption is very low - It's MPEG4/MHEG5 as well so Saorview is no problem and it's fully equipped with a USB input.

Give us a shout if either of these grab your fancy and as ever drop us a line if we can assist in any way..

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

any chance of getting a look at the tv??

if i can get a look at it before had you can put me down for 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Boardies,

It's the August Bank holiday up here in sunny Belfast this weekend and we have a couple of bank holiday specials to try to cheer ourselves up in the absence of summer...

The 1st offer is on a very sexy Pioneer Ipod Dock:

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=10454

This Pioneer is called the XW-NAW 1 - it's a free standing or wall-mountable dock for your iPod or iPhone.

if you are looking for an speaker system that’s wall-mountable and still delivers decent sound quality from your iPod or iPhone? The XW-NAW1 is your solution.

Only about 8 cm thin, you can conveniently mount it on a wall using the 2 mounting holes. Or have it upright on your desk or table as a handsome accessory.

Use the touch-sensitive buttons to control the device. This way, the smooth operation of your iPhone or iPod extends to the speaker system for a seamless experience.

If you want to play video content from your iPod/iPhone, a component video output allows for connection to an external screen.

Other portable music players are supported as well: just connect it to the Aux in using a simple mini-jack cable -a compact remote control is included.

The amp is 2*15 Watts - so it goes loud and sounds really much better than any dock ought to !

The best news is that I have reduced it to just £66.66/ €77.77 for Boardies - and its first come 1st served!

Hi John,

Is this item BNIB ? (if so i'll take one) Is there a good belt out of it ?

Thanks
    Vic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

;)Hey VicWatson and TazzzZ.

TazzzZ - we have the Philips on display in our Belfast store so there would be no problems have a look at one if you call to the store. Would it be possible for you to get to the Belfast store to view the screen?

VicWatson - These are brand new boxed units. The sound quality from this unit is very good for the size of the unit.

I hope this helps guys.

If you would like to make a purchase please PM and I'll get back ASAP ;)

Hi John,

Did you get my PM?

Cheers

Hi vicwatson.

John has been out of the office over the last few days, so if you could drop me the PM I will look after you :)

• Advertisement

Sorry Dave I thought the initial reply was from john so I pm'd him !!:rolleyes:

Should have pm'd you - I've just done that.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

;)Hey VicWatson and TazzzZ.

TazzzZ - we have the Philips on display in our Belfast store so there would be no problems have a look at one if you call to the store. Would it be possible for you to get to the Belfast store to view the screen?

VicWatson - These are brand new boxed units. The sound quality from this unit is very good for the size of the unit.

I hope this helps guys.

If you would like to make a purchase please PM and I'll get back ASAP ;)

Dave I'd be willing to take this off ya if I could collect it from Philips store?? Also could you throw in a tilting wall mount for a cheeky €400?? :)

Hi TazzzZ

The very best price I could do for the Screen, Tilting bracket and Delviery would be 429.99 Euro.

I have to charge delivery even if the screen is to be collected at the Philips Shop as we still have to ship it to there, all these screens are here in Belfast :(

Payment would need made to us before we could ship to the Philips Shop.

I hope this helps :)

Lads,

I've sent a couple of PM's on this? Can I get it boxed off or....?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Hi Guys,

I recently bought 2 of these of you but I'm have trouble playing from my iphone 4 and the 4s. It keeps changing tracks on it's own and then plays a portion of a song before skipping again. Is this a known issue or is there a way of updating software etc? I only opened one as the other is a xmas pressie!!

What are the options??

Thanks

Ryanno

:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ryanno wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I recently bought 2 of these of you but I'm have trouble playing from my iphone 4 and the 4s. It keeps changing tracks on it's own and then plays a portion of a song before skipping again. Is this a known issue or is there a way of updating software etc? I only opened one as the other is a xmas pressie!!

What are the options??

Thanks

Ryanno

:confused::confused:

Ryanno,

Dont be such a show off - Iphone 4s is it???? Sure that's probably yer smart arse wan Siri telling your phone to change track.....;)

...Ok, haven't heard of this yet - we'll chase Pioneer and revert...

Apologies for the inconvenience and for being a smart alec....

ATVB,

J

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Afraid not John, Siri doesn't understand my thick accent!!! Maybe she doesn't like my collection of Lionel Richie, The Stylistics and Stevie Wonder tho'..........never thought of that one!!:D:D

Here is a youtube video of what is happening to mine as uploaded by another lucky NAW1 owner.

http://youtu.be/6UyQwzzdxSI

Being a smart alec is what brings us back to yis John, would never ask yis to change!!

Cheers,
    Ryanno,

Dont be such a show off - Iphone 4s is it???? Sure that's probably yer smart arse wan Siri telling your phone to change track.....;)

ATVB,

J

Any news on this yet John, the pioneer looks great .......... but wont to hear it too!!;)
    Ryanno,

ATVB,

J

Bumpy! Just checking to see if you got this John??

Hi Ryanno.

Sorry, John has been up to his neck in the dark stuff and that's not guiness !

I have spoken to Pioneer and they have said that they are not aware of any issues.

I have sent them across your link to youtube and detailed your fault and I will await their response.

It may take a little while as they are sending it to their R&D department who will be testing the unit.

ATB

Dave

Hi Dave,

I am still having this issue when my Iphone 4s hooked up!! My Iphone 3G works great with it - but this has been damaged and I don't think its repairable. Has anyone got back to you since we raised this in November???

Cheers mate,
    Hi Ryanno.

Sorry, John has been up to his neck in the dark stuff and that's not guiness !

I have spoken to Pioneer and they have said that they are not aware of any issues.

I have sent them across your link to youtube and detailed your fault and I will await their response.

It may take a little while as they are sending it to their R&D department who will be testing the unit.

ATB

Dave

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Dave,

I am still having this issue when my Iphone 4s hooked up!! My Iphone 3G works great with it - but this has been damaged and I don't think its repairable. Has anyone got back to you since we raised this in November???

Cheers mate,

Hi Ryanno,

Sorry to hear you're still having that issue.

I'll need to have a chat to Dave on Monday to see what was said from Pioneer. Hopefully we can get a solution for you.

Chris

Hi Guys, any word on this????

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Guys, any word on this????

Thanks

Hi Ryanno,

We're still waiting word back, from Pioneer. Been e-mailing someone new so hopefully they get back to us.

One thing to try is turning your 3G on when the phone is docked. We had a problem before with an Iphone (think it was a 4) and this seemed to fix that.

Let me know how that goes.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.