Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hotel and Catering Managmet 1st year

• 27-08-2011 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

hello:) I just wonder if anyone knows if the work experience in the 1st year is during summer or during the academic year?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ratzy

Pretty sure its during the summer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 41 elizuch

ratzy wrote: »
    Pretty sure its during the summer :(
    May I say FML !:O NO SUMMER FOR ME So!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭JyesusChrist

Do we get payed for it? (im doing culinary arts but we also do work experience)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 elizuch

yessaaaa

Because it's only a work placement.. the employer doesnt have to pay you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 funkymaria xxx

Because it's only a work placement.. the employer doesnt have to pay you.

you do the work placement during the summer and they pay you most of the time minimum wage but they dont have to.

you do the work placement during the summer and they pay you most of the time minimum wage but they dont have to.

Better minimum wage than no wage.

I'm on placement right now... and I'm not getting a cent.

Ouch!! That sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

was it not offered or did you not ask before hand?

• Advertisement

I don't think id be arsed doing it without getting payed. Although I know id have no real choice:/

I don't think id be arsed doing it without getting payed. Although I know id have no real choice:/

Those were my thoughts exactly.

I was so close to dropping out.. but It would have been such a waste of two years in college.

I'm near the end of my placement now.. and although there was no payment exchanged.. so many people were in the same situation... and tbh.. it has flown by.

Advertisement