Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Centre to UCD

Options
  • 27-08-2011 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

So I'm planning on getting the luas from Kinswood into town (altough I'm not sure which stop I should get off at ....). Could anyone be able to tell me what buses I could get from town into UCD, preferably ones that are near a luas station?? I know that there are lots of options but because there are so many I don't know which to get that would be the quickest and convienent(near a luas station) :confused:

And could anyone also tell me which buses in UCD goes back into town ? Thanks ! :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

The 39a, 46a and 145. Try hittheroad.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

There are a load so I am definately missing some here but anyway

46a, 145. Both have a stop on o'connel street. Luas goes to abbey street a few hundred meters away!

84, stops at cherrywood luas stop? although not regular bus.

The 10 used to... but i heard it may have been cancelled??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭CG328

Get off the luas at Heuston Station and get the 145 from there, cant get any closer! :) Do the opposite coming home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭CG328

muboop1 wrote: »
    There are a load so I am definately missing some here but anyway

46a, 145. Both have a stop on o'connel street. Luas goes to abbey street a few hundred meters away!

84, stops at cherrywood luas stop? although not regular bus.

The 10 used to... but i heard it may have been cancelled??

The 10's cancelled and the 145 goes from Heuston station so it doesnt stop on O' Connell street at all, it goes up the quays and goes over O' Connell bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

CG328 wrote: »
    The 10's cancelled and the 145 goes from Heuston station so it doesnt stop on O' Connell street at all, it goes up the quays and goes over O' Connell bridge

Ah your right, i remember it going over bridge... guess i took that to mean went down o connell st! Oops!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭An Cuinneach

I used to get the Luas (from Tallaght) in first year, get off at Abbey Street and stroll down to the number 10 bus stop, but if the 10 is gone then that's no good. However the 46a and 11 both stopped nearby too.

I stopped Luas-ing it in because I discovered the buses were faster and cheaper with just a monthly bus ticket, but Kingswood isn't exactly great when it comes to buses. If the 145 does stop at Heuston then I'd definitely recommend that route. The 145 will drop you just outside of the main UCD entrance and I used to get it quite a lot from town.

Also there is only six euro in the difference now between a monthly bus ticket and a monthly bus&Luas ticket which is heaps better than what it used to be! My advice would be do a few different routes and time them - that's what I had to do the first while-

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Remember the 10 was amalgamated with the 39a; the 39a is essentially the 10 routing south of the Liffey. So you could get off at Jervis Luas stop, short stroll to the quays and pop on a 39a there. The route terminates in the Belfield campus.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I'd definitely go the Heuston/145 route. The 145 is a good service, it's frequent and what's more, it originates at Heuston so it's more likely to stick to the timetable. Going back mightn't be so accurate in relation to the timetable, but it's still every 10/15 minutes and there's one of those real-time displays at the UCD bus stop so you'll know how long it takes for it to get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Blacey

I'd definitely go the Heuston/145 route. The 145 is a good service, it's frequent and what's more, it originates at Heuston so it's more likely to stick to the timetable. Going back mightn't be so accurate in relation to the timetable, but it's still every 10/15 minutes and there's one of those real-time displays at the UCD bus stop so you'll know how long it takes for it to get there!

seconded

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tupamaros

Is the 46a or 11 better for UCD, going to the Newman Building?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

Is the 46a or 11 better for UCD, going to the Newman Building?

The 46A is faster and more frequent and nearer most buildings, except Richview/Newstead and possibly Health Sciences than the 11.

But the 39A will drop you right into the campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

The 10 was both wonderful, and awful. RIP, old friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭work.inprocess

Don't forget the xpresso services in the morning, practically all of them stop on D'Oiler St., although, only really useful if you've got 9am starts because the last one comes through town at about 8.15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

how much is the bus from trinity to ucd? 2 quid?

Advertisement