Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A whine...

Options
  • 27-08-2011 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

In hospital at the moment for a 8 weekish stay (largest problem is that the hospital's in Dublin and the family etc are in Cork). Bought two new Ego chargers for the trip, figuring that'd be grand. Both turned out to be defective and will only charge the battery a tiny bit over many hours. Driving me a bit mad, been smoking like a trooper since.

Getting a reliable charger tomorrow but the last few days have been very frustrating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Not good at all especially when it results in being back smoking.
    Ended up getting tobacco last weekend when i had no atty, am extremely dependant on the E-cig so far i must say. Did'nt last long without it.
    8 week stay in the hospital, hope it ain't too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

derra wrote: »
    8 week stay in the hospital, hope it ain't too serious.

Mental hospital. :)

Observation for a schizophrenic-type illness. I'm ok, just have a lot of chronic problems and some psychosis at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Bummer - like that moment of getting on a plane and remembering you never charged the laptop!

I've ordered a USB charger for my tornado (same device, right?) That could be worth considering.

Eoin wrote: »
    Bummer - like that moment of getting on a plane and remembering you never charged the laptop!

I've ordered a USB charger for my tornado (same device, right?) That could be worth considering.

I'm having one brought up from home. But just needed to whine a bit about only getting a few puffs between battery charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

This is really an annoying issue with e-cigs as opposed to analogues. As soon as you have an unexpected equipment failure you're left in the lurch, you can't just run to the shop and sort it out. It always seems to happen to me that atties or batteries choose to give out on me on Friday evenings of bank holiday weekends, it's happened twice now.

I wonder if it's possible to make an e-cig battery unit that allows you to use regular AA or AAA batteries in it. It probably wouldn't be the most economical way to power your device but it would definitely be handy in an emergency like this to grab the batteries out of the remote or something.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i've been pondering getting a usb passthrough for this very reason, the dreaded friday night charger **** up. itd be handy to have one in a drawer, should the need arise.

i've been pondering getting a usb passthrough for this very reason, the dreaded friday night charger **** up. itd be handy to have one in a drawer, should the need arise.

I *almost* brought a passthrough with me. I just didn't bother at the last second. Really regretting that decision.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

:/

always the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Dont say u were in Blanch Hospital ?
    i could have lent u a passthro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

I feel for ya man, nothing worse than looking at a battery you can't get charge into!! :eek: Hopefully you're sorted at this stage...
    Backup for the backup is my method. Buying tabacco is not something I, like everyone else here I imagine, ever want to do again, so i keep 2 spare charged ego batts, 2 new atties, and a bottle of juice in the car....I'll prbably have taken the train the day i need em though :)

• Advertisement

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Dont say u were in Blanch Hospital ?
    i could have lent u a passthro

No, St. Patrick's.

Tis grand now, parents were given my regular charger by my wife and came up yesterday so I'm sorted now.

Advertisement