Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English insurance co. operating in Ireland

Options
  • 27-08-2011 3:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭

This may seem like a silly question, but I just wanted to check...

If an English company is offering an insurance service for personal trainers, fitness professionals and that general category, do they have to be registered with the Central Bank of Ireland for them to be liable for any claims?

Like I'm thinking of one specifically who advertise an Irish package, and I did a quick search of their T&Cs and they're registered in the UK, but I couldn't find anything about Ireland.

I'd just be curious of what happens because obviously you're crossing jurisdictions and whether they can avoid obligations as a result?

Can anyone shed some light on it please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

General insurance companies from outside Ireland (but within the EU) who wish to transact business here simply need to be authorised by their home regulator, the FSA in the case of the UK.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

General insurance companies from outside Ireland (but within the EU) who wish to transact business here simply need to be authorised by their home regulator, the FSA in the case of the UK.

Super, thanks.

Advertisement