Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CISCO CCNA

Options
  • 27-08-2011 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering which would be a better option to do the Cisco CCNA Course by online distance learning or by going to a night course in a college? Would it not be more practical to do it in a lecturing environment or would self-study and learning at home be just as good since you be preparing for the same exam and qualification?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭conor06

Im also interested in this answer, have been looking at several courses and there seems to be lots of different ways of doing your ccna. Also wondering if anyone recommends one college/training centre over another and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭kavo87

Very tough to do at home an awful lot to learn and always helps if you have some equipment to practice with which you might not have at home. You could always buy some cheap second hand equipment and set them up at home and then use books and online tutorials to help you learn. It all depends on how you learn and how determined you are. I think you might be better off finding a course as everything is in place for you and if you ru into problems you have the help there for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

If you truely want to learn I would say do self study. Get some cisco gear for practice - it is very cheap. CBT Nuggets CCNA, the CCNA Exam Cram book (has an excellent table on IP addressing) and if you manage to come upon the Cisco Packet Tracer software then get that too. Those are all you need. Then again if work or something will pay for the course then do the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

CFE Dundrum run a Cisco academy. You might want to give them a call. I done it in 2007/08 and I'd very highly recommend it.

The lab is full of Cisco routers/switches/firewalls and the teacher there is excellent. Numerous times he stayed back with us labbing and going over material.

Studying the CCNA alone would be very, very difficult, I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

i have ccna done twice (recertified) , the ccda and two of the ccnp exams. all on my own. if you have an IT literate brain then do these on your own . no need to pay for a course

• Advertisement
Advertisement