If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 50PFL7956 CINEMA 21:9 Gold TV

Options
  • 27-08-2011 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Philips are growing their 21:9 range this year with the soon to be launched PHILIPS 50PFL7956H TV. This will join the 58PFL9956 21:9 Cimema 21:9 TV

50pfl7956t_12__fv_.jpg
    This is a great screen size for this ratio - The 58" is a fantastic screen size BUT the TV is pretty large to as well - really only suited for the much larger rooms.

As the 50" measures 125cm wide so it will fit into LOTS more homes

For those of you that have not seen a 21:9 TV (or not sure what it's for) it is designed to remove the black bars found on 2.39:1/2.40:1 films - which make up the majority of content on Blu-Ray and DVD so the TV screen is showing the full image without any bands top and bottom.

These TV's are very much aimed at the movie enthusiast and would make a fantastic center piece for a Home Cinema System - once you've seen film on it you wont want to settle for 16:9 again.
    There is of course various modes to expand 16:9 imagery - pretty effective, or you can left it alone with black bars down the side if you like

This TV is part of our new 7 Series range of TV's and shares all the features found on the regular 16:9 models including the PASSIVE 3D Tech

SAORVIEW certified
    EASY 3D (Passive type with 2 pairs included with the TV)
    LED Edge lighting Tech
    500,000:1 Contrast Ratio
    2ms response time
    400Hz Perfect Motion Rate processing
    2560x1080p Full HD LCD panel
    Pixel Precise HD Image Processing engine
    MULTIVIEW watch TV and browse internet at the same time
    Split Screen Game Mode
    AMBILIGHT Spectra 2
    2x 17watt on board sound system
    Wired NET TV (PTA wireless dongle available for €49.99)
    Plays back all sorts of files via USB
    Record onto USB stick
    4x HDMI, 1x SCART, 1x Component, 1x VGA and USB inputs
    CLASS B Energy Rating

Click here for full spec sheet

And the good news continues with the price, this TV is only €1999.99:D

I'm itching to get these into stock and expect to see them early September - I'll post up here once I have 'em in store and on my wall.

So just a teaser until then....

atb
    Ash

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mattdean71

Thank you Ashley.
    Do you know if this tv will be available in Richer Sounds in London? I don't understand why it is £2099 on the UK Philips website or €1999 in the eurozone.
    I can't wait to get one.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

mattdean71 wrote: »
    Thank you Ashley.
    Do you know if this tv will be available in Richer Sounds in London? I don't understand why it is £2099 on the UK Philips website or €1999 in the eurozone.
    I can't wait to get one.

Matt,

neither can I - I've had mine on order since March when I saw it at the Barcelona launch - I saw it again last week and I'm still dying to get my paws on one.

Launch price in Ireland will be €1999.99 either in Richer Sounds Belfast or The Philips Shop Dublin and we are taking pre-orders already.

Keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mattdean71

Thanks John. I have also been waiting for this tv since March! I've been very tempted to buy the Samsung Smart TV but thought I'd better wait.
    I have never seen it - so is it as good as it looks?
    Anyway, I was advised to get the T model rather than the H or K one.
    Do you know when these will be available in shops? I was also wondering how much that would cost to ship from Ireland if I can save a few hundred pounds. Regards.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.