Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iceland Krona

Options
  • 27-08-2011 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am going to be going to Iceland in just over a month. I have been looking to get iceland krona currency here in ireland before I go. I have been to AIB and they dont do it.

Does anyone know where to get it ? would I be better off to get it out there and as such bring euros with me ?

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this, mods move it if needs be, thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

ATM?

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

ATM?

I wont be using any atms at all, I dont withdraw cash via Atms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

If you don't use ATMs then your best bet is to take Euro with you and change it as you need it.

Can I just ask though, why don't you use ATMs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Don't use ATM? Very strange, understand when at home but when on hols it safer than carrying cash.

All banks do the currency but would not hold it in stock and would have to order it. It can take up to two weeks to have the order place and then sent to the branch via various departments.

Exchange it in the airports you pass through but the commission will be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

I think this went to a closed currency when this country went belly up a few years back. The banks don't stock it anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

It was closed but is back to normal. Although since then some banks still don't take orders for it.

If you change it as you need it over there you'll probably be charged each time you change.

If you have an idea of what you'll need change it in a Bank in Iceland.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I was on holidays there a few years ago before the country went belly up and I was able to order it in Bank of Ireland. I did have to put in the order about 2 weeks in advance. Have no idea if they will still order it now though.

Advertisement