Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare Beers ?

• 27-08-2011 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hello Hello I was thinking about how alot of the regional forums have a beers meet up, should we have one ? :). I think it would be fun. Discuss :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Great idea. I think we may have had an Xmas one a couple of years ago but I wasn't able to go. Pick somewhere that hasn't really loud music on a Friday or Saturday evening I'm down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Great idea. I think we may have had an Xmas one a couple of years ago but I wasn't able to go. Pick somewhere that hasn't really loud music on a Friday or Saturday evening I'm down.
    Sounds like a plan although the lack of replies is speaking for itself...a Christmas Clare Beers would rock

Nah screw that there's always too much stuff on that time of year. Monthly is probably a bit ambitious but more frequently than once a year would be grand. Just give a couple of weeks notice. People don't check this place every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I organised this in the Watches and timepeices forum a few weeks back, had about 7 people in Dublin - quite a good night in fairness but I don't think I would be bothered doing it again for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

i might be interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

I would go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

Grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

I think this would be great! I would definitely go :D

Good response so far, maybe this will go ahead ? :D

Pick a night and make a new thread with the time and venue in the title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Suppose the venue should be the pub that gets the most votes on the other thread! The one about the best pint.

Pick a night and make a new thread with the time and venue in the title.
    I think we should see if we can get more people onboard and then select a date etc :)
    finbarrk wrote: »
    Suppose the venue should be the pub that gets the most votes on the other thread! The one about the best pint.
    Well if it's Buggles I wouldn't have far to travel :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Suppose a lad could do worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I've an idea.
    There's a World Beer and Bites Night on Wednesday 21st September in the Mill Bar, Sixmilebridege from 9 till 11.30 pm.

If anyone is interested pop along. AFAIK the night is organised by the Miller's Loft restaurant so the (complimentary) food should be of a very high standard. Some of the beers include Duvel, Weihenstephaner, Chimay Blue, Dungarvan Copper Coast and 1795 Budejovicke Pivo to name but a few.

I think a night like this would be ideal for the first Clare beers meet up.

For anyone interested, here's the facebook invite https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=156351081118176 though I'm not sure if it's visible unless already invited by the organisers.

Who's in? :D

^^^
    Anyone going to this tonight?

I meant to reply no can't make it

Anyway, just back home now and have to say it was a really good night. I didn't have the same beer more than once which is what I intended. I started with a few safe beers like the 1795 Budejovicke Pivo (Budvar), a Warsteiner and then a Leffe. Dutch courage entered so I tried a few STRONG Belgian beers. The Duvel did exactly as the 8.5% said it would and the common sense left me so I tried the Chimay Blue (9%). My next drink should have been a Ballygowan but instead I reverted back to a safe beer and tried the American 'Blue Moon'. Now I've never been a fan of American beer but I have to admit the Blue Moon had the most flavour out of all the beers I sampled on the night, very fruity.

And praise be to Allah (or Joe) there was complimentary food on offer. With strong beer you need good soakage and more than enough was generously supplied. The Yorkshire Puddings, hotdogs, French Waffles, Croissants and Apple Tart and Cream were delicious, I would have taken more advantage of the complimentary food if I hadn't have eaten before I had arrived, next time I will leave more room in the gut. Pity the Clare forum is such a small bunch as it could have been the perfect introduction for the first Clare Beers meet up, though I know a Wednesday night is generally an awkward night anyway.

Until next time.

There's nothing I like more than trying different beers but it was kind of hard to get out to Sixmilebridge and back to Ennis without a designated driver.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Greetings from the US which is my excuse for not being able to attend last night :)

Clareman wrote: »
    Greetings from the US which is my excuse for not being able to attend last night :)

:rolleyes: I'm envious!!

• Advertisement

2 euro pints in Yolos today. If you're looking for me I'm the person holding onto the bar.

2 euro pints in Yolos today. If you're looking for me I'm the person holding onto the bar.

Well at least we know where to find ya! :) enjoy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

nicechick! wrote: »
    :rolleyes: I'm envious!!

You wouldn't be if you had the work I have to do :( at least I get to go home tomorrow :D

Clareman wrote: »
    You wouldn't be if you had the work I have to do :( at least I get to go home tomorrow :D

aww shame!! surely you could have tried to scheduled some free time ;)

Advertisement