Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insane hypothesis for ichthyosaur bonebed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Oh Dear God.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Makes the storylines in the Meg franchise seem plausible....

In other words that is the most bat sh*t f*cking crazy thing I've ever read!!!

My theory is the bones were collected together by an underwater horse with an aqualung way back before the dinosaurs ate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Galvasean wrote: »
    Makes the storylines in the Meg franchise seem plausible....

In other words that is the most bat sh*t f*cking crazy thing I've ever read!!!

Steve Alten is typing at a manic rate right now to add a super squid to his seventh Meg book.:D

Good God, there's six of them?????????? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

I only knew of the first one XDD I enjoyed it, but that doesn´t make it any better XD

Apparently book 5 'Night Stalkers' is on the way. Movie now penciled in for 2013 (it's been in pre-production since 1997, the movie industry's answer to Chinese Democracy if you will...)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Book five is night stalkers and book six will be an origin story of sorts.

For anyone who enjoyed the first book or two in the Meg series, Paul Rudd's (the writer not the actor) The Arc is worth picking up.

The story is very similar to the second Meg book, but I am a sucker for any creature feature type book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

No. Just No...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

This theory makes baby Darwin cry

• Advertisement

Press release:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/10/111010075530.htm

Say what you will about the idea, it will make for a cool drawing :D

"We have a very good case"

You have no evidence! :mad:

Never let evidence stand in the way of a crazy idea. :P

"We have a very good case"

You have no evidence! :mad:

THAT's why its a very good case. Once you have evidence the case is closed. XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭swordofislam

Who knows what lurks in the deep abyss? What strange traces will the archaeologists of 100 million years hence find of our civilisation and; thinking themselves unique dismiss?

Perhaps these creatures lurk still in waters where we see piracy or natural phenomena.

Perhaps we humans will have had our day when THE KRAKEN WAKES!

Or then again perhaps not.

Who knows what lurks in the deep abyss? What strange traces will the archaeologists of 100 million years hence find of our civilisation and; thinking themselves unique dismiss?

Perhaps these creatures lurk still in waters where we see piracy or natural phenomena.

Perhaps we humans will have had our day when THE KRAKEN WAKES!

Or then again perhaps not.

One of my favorite quotes goes something like, "an ocean without sea monsters, is like sleeping without dreams". :D Don´t remember who said it tho XD

From Adam Khor's Deviant Art page:
    triassic_kraken_by_hodarinundu-d4cf9po.jpg

I like the way despite having his arms full of Shonisaurus the Kraken is still eying up the sharks for dessert! :D

:D I was going to praise that lively piece of art but... it would make me seem like a douchebag. XD

My girlfriend commented on your works actually, she said your pictures combine the skill of an artist and the imagination of a seven year old.
    Praise from Caesar.

My girlfriend commented on your works actually, she said your pictures combine the skill of an artist and the imagination of a seven year old.
    Praise from Caesar.

Wow, that is one great compliment :D Tell her I appreciate it

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Its not often appreciation for things dinosaur related transcend the male/female divide, cherish these moments :pac:

(I'm sure Galvasean's gf is an exception anyway ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Allosaur

I have an equally valid theory. An Icthy cult comitted mass suicide to appease their squiddy deity and thus avoid a greater mass extinction.

The proof?

It didn't happen thus prolonging the existance of saurians for another couple of million years.

QED.

Doesn't sound like very much evidence if you ask me...

I can think of several better theories for the bones.

1. It is the fresh fish counter of a prehistoric supermarket that hadn't sold all the stock. :P

2. The ichthy had just woken up and was stretching, when WALLOP an assassin shark sneaked up and beat it to death with a cricket bat so hard it's bones flew out. :eek:

3. Some devine being thought that he would set them up and said " Let's see if this foxes the clever little buggas in the future" :cool:

5. It is the work of aliens. ;)

(You may have noticed I am not too taken with Crackers Kraken theories) :D

Maybe someone should tell this guy to start digging in Cretaceous sites, where we KNOW there were some huge squid, I mean, if he likes them so much... I would much prefer to find an actual giant prehistoric squid beak or "pen" rather than just inventing one...

GiantDocPic9.PNG

GiantDocPic5.PNG

What state is the alleged beak in? I'd love to see it.

Here it is:

krakenbeak.jpg

I'm no expert, but it doesn't look that beaky to me...

• Advertisement

It's a measly piece of who-knows-what. It can be anything you want it to be, like those stains shrinks show to you (not that I've been to many shrinks or anything...)

Advertisement