Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dino footprints and other cool stuff found in Angola

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Sauropod footprints and mosasaur fossils? Together??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Rubecula wrote: »
    Sauropod footprints and mosasaur fossils? Together??

What? Can´t sauropods go to the beach anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

ROFL Point taken.:D

Hell of a beach towel found on fossilised sun lounger would be a good headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'm particularly interested in the mammal "much larger than we thought existed at this time". Hopefully more material of it's ilk will be found as I am very interested in mammalian diversity during the Mesozoic (much like my interest in reptilian and avian diversity during the 'age of mammals').

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Galvasean wrote: »
    I'm particularly interested in the mammal "much larger than we thought existed at this time". Hopefully more material of it's ilk will be found as I am very interested in mammalian diversity during the Mesozoic (much like my interest in reptilian and avian diversity during the 'age of mammals').

Same. At this point, I'm pretty sure there were panther-sized mammals around, maybe even bigger. We just haven´t found them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

If any mammal did reach that size back then chances are it would be nothing like any creature that is alive today. That in itself is very exciting.

Advertisement