Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artemis Fowl

Options
  • 27-08-2011 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Well I searched and didn't find any topic dedicated to this series so here we are. :D

A lot of people would say that the Artemis Fowl books are for kids, but I love them. They're funny and action-packed!
    One thing I don't like though, is Eoin Colfer's interpretation of elves, who are only three feet tall in the books.
    The technology is very inventive and it's brilliantly written, keeping you hooked on it until the last word.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I read them as a teenager and didn't find them that enticing even then. I think I read about one and a half. They're okay.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I read them because so many of pupils did. Liked them too, not too taxing but a bit of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Lynchit

I read them as a teenager and didn't find them that enticing even then.
    What's weird is that they aren't the kind of book I'd normally go for, but for some reason I thought they were brilliant.
    Liked them too, not too taxing but a bit of fun.
    That's exactly it really. They're easy reading but not too childish at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭louliewan

Called my dog Butler after Artemis' bodyguard, big mistake! My dog is a very large but cuddly coward :rolleyes:. Loved the books ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 siobherz

Yeah they're genius - it's embarrassing but i'm 20 and have loads of 'grown up' books i'm always meaning to read but end up going back to my teenage faves, which was ur fave artemis one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I'm 48 and I l love them so they're not just for kids! I bought the last couple of books just for myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 alvinphee42

My son has read one before, I think. I will ask him if he likes it.

Your Belfast lad, Alvin Phee.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

I read the first one recently. I thought it was a decent book.

The eponymous anti-hero is a little difficult to deal with at times, but that's the only complaint I had. I thought it was a fun re-imagining of Irish fairy-tales and legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jensennhook

Haven't read the books but finished all the audiobooks (pretty much the same thing...) and I must say it could get boring at times...:pac:

Advertisement