Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can cordless phone be monitored

Options
  • 27-08-2011 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭

I was talking on a cordless phone 2.4 GHZ to someone on a wired landline.
    During the conversation we both heard a sound like a phone ringing. I thought it was on their TV in background. They thought it was me, I had noTV on

Can someone listen in to it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

U must be super important for someone to be listening n on your calls :D Prob a crossed line coming into the house and your hearing your neighbours phone ringing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭MapForJ

Doylers wrote: »
    U must be super important for someone to be listening n on your calls :D Prob a crossed line coming into the house and your hearing your neighbours phone ringing.
    would that mean the line is permanently crossed? could you hear conversation on it
    super important
    thats me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

there are still a lot of people using cordless phones that use the frequency between 30mhz and 70mhz and these can easily be picked up by any radio scanner that can scan these low bands but I think you are safe as you are above the 2ghz band as they are digital and not easy for any scanner to pick up as the frequency is so narrow. so i'd say it was just a glitch within the telecom exchange. unless you are under garda surveillance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

MapForJ wrote: »
    would that mean the line is permanently crossed? could you hear conversation on it
    thats me:D

It will most likely continue until you sort it, typically it happens in bad weather. Call your phone provider and they will test the line, call on mobile not the landline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭MapForJ

zenno wrote: »
    there are still a lot of people using cordless phones that use the frequency between 30mhz and 70mhz and these can easily be picked up by any radio scanner that can scan these low bands but I think you are safe as you are above the 2ghz band as they are digital and not easy for any scanner to pick up as the frequency is so narrow. so i'd say it was just a glitch within the telecom exchange. unless you are under garda surveillance.
    mmm hope i don't distract them from their newspapers or tv

• Advertisement
Advertisement