Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Nationality and Citizenship act 1956 and 1986

• 27-08-2011 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

My first post.
    Im filling out the Irish Nationality and Citizenship act 1956 and 1986.The last question on your connection, asks did this person ever make a "Declaration of Alienage" or renouncing irish citizenship.
    Is anyone aware how I could search that? As I don't know if the person ever became a US citizen this was early 1900's and the US did require the declaration. If they had would that disqualify me from becoming an Irish citizen?
    Thanks Much Mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I take it this is a grandparent? I doubt the procedure existed back then. Where and when was this person born?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 redwood1957

Not that far back May 5th 1878, Miltown Malbay. I have here birth certificate and her death certificate as well as the marriage certificate from the church and town.
    I don't think she became a citizen of the US as we have my grandfathers papers.
    I will ask the consulate if she did a declaration of alienage they should have it.
    It has been very interesting doing this search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It would be the UK that would have the records as Ireland did not exist as a nation until 1922.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 redwood1957

Thank you very Much
    I feel safe in saying no to the answer as she past on in 1926.

Advertisement