Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 Engineer Code Locked

Options
  • 27-08-2011 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I would appreciate if someone could offer help on resetting a Aritech CS350 panel which has Engineer Lock enabled. The person who installed this initially is no longer around so have no idea what the engineers code is. I recently replaced windows and doors in my house and I now want to reset the panel and add new sensors and PIR's. I have tried removing power and the jumper but this does not work. Is there any other way of resetting this panel any help appreciated. If not does any know where I could buy a CS350 replacement PCB.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

The only way is get an engineer to reset it for you once it is engineer locked. That panel is obsolete now so parts are scarce. Resetting the panel would be the cheapest option.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is the system working with what you have added or do you need to change some zones?
    Otherwise, as Altor says, an engineer call is your only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eibracken

Many thanks for the prompt reply. Can another engineer reset the panel if the Engineer Lock is on and the Engineer code unknown. If so is this not somthing I can do myself.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most engineers can reset a locked panel. It is not something you could do yourself. And its not something I would allow be posted here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

eibracken wrote: »
    Many thanks for the prompt reply. Can another engineer reset the panel if the Engineer Lock is on and the Engineer code unknown. If so is this not somthing I can do myself.

Your welcome, yes any engineer should be able to reset this system for you. It is something you could do yourself if you knew how :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement