Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Paypal without credit cards.

Options
  • 27-08-2011 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

First off, I'm not sure if i've posted this in the right place if i haven't don't slate me!

Im just wondering is it possible to use Paypal without linking a bank account to it, im under 18 and I'm a designer basically i make t-shirts and i want to see t-shirts online through paypal. basically when someone orders on my shop i want to be papaled the money and then i go off to my printing website and get it shipped to them. Is there anyway to do this without linking in a credit card whic i don't have

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Darragh Hughes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

D_Hizzle wrote: »
    First off, I'm not sure if i've posted this in the right place if i haven't don't slate me!

Im just wondering is it possible to use Paypal without linking a bank account to it, im under 18 and I'm a designer basically i make t-shirts and i want to see t-shirts online through paypal. basically when someone orders on my shop i want to be papaled the money and then i go off to my printing website and get it shipped to them. Is there anyway to do this without linking in a credit card whic i don't have

Regards

Darragh Hughes

Hi,

I think you can do it without linking a credit card HOWEVER without being smart have you tried to set up an account?

If so then once you get in mess around and you will find out quick enough. When i started with paypal you had to become a business seller in order to accept credit cards from those without a paypal account.

If they insist you must have a credit card:
    Get an o2 Style Money Card or other pre-paid credit card (Rubycard is one, but I know they have been slated before) and use it for your paypal. Check the card before getting it to make sure you can get statements (even online ones), as you will need to be able to see your statement to set up paypal).

To take money out of paypal you will need a bank account. Even if your U18 most banks will be delighted to give you a bank account. Bank of Ireland even do promotions for second level students. Ulster Bank and AIB encourage them to join also.

Even if you plan not on taking money out of your paypal (ie your paying your t-shirt supplier and using the rest of your profit for purchases of stuff your buying yourself) ebay have a pretty low limit on how much you can recieve before they insist on getting your bank account details for money laundering purposes.
    /

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Zonua

Yes, you can set up a functioning PayPal account without a credit card, once you have a bank account. -> Don't leave it till the last minute setting up the account, because it will take a week or two to get verified, before you can start selling.

Good luck with your new business venture!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Go make an account with ulster bank.. get their laser/visa card.
    Open one with it.. job done

If u have a website u can get a business premier account.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

You can't sign up to Paypal unless you're 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Michael_Burke

D_Hizzle wrote: »

Regards

Darragh Hughes

Hi darragh
    First off you'll have to double this info before you try it cause I'm not 100% certain about it

Paypal will always need a credit card
    But you can use 3v prepaid vouchers
    Visa runs it and you get a card number on each one that's good for 30 days the down side is I think the minimum amount on 3V is 50euro check it out and let me know how you go

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Fair play Darragh for being an early starting entrepreneur. Yep as the above says you can set up a paypal with a bank account link and also you may need to have an over 18 person set up the account on your behalf.

In a few months time Carapay will be launching and this might be even more down your street as it lets people pay with their mobiles etc which might be even more suitable.

Best of luck with your venture.

Advertisement