Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

Options
  • 27-08-2011 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    im sure alot of you are hyped that 3rd strike online out now,
    reliving love for a childhood game,
    but as some of you have come to know, im all about the mk baby :cool:

next wednesday the mortal kombat arcade kollection will be released on psn and xbl with online play :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

so that is mortal kombat, mortal kombat II and umk3 all together

let us dance :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

hi all,

next wednesday the mortal kombat arcade kollection will be released on psn and xbl with online play :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I was quite hyped about 3rd Strike, until I checked the net today and saw that this had finally gotten a release date. Bout damn time too. I've still got the last XBLA release of UMK3, so I was kinda hoping this one would have the regular edition of MK3 instead. But either way this will be very bought as soon as possible. Also, it's three games for 800microsoft points. That's a friggin' steal!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

deathrider wrote: »
    hi all,

I was quite hyped about 3rd Strike, until I checked the net today and saw that this had finally gotten a release date. Bout damn time too. I've still got the last XBLA release of UMK3, so I was kinda hoping this one would have the regular edition of MK3 instead. But either way this will be very bought as soon as possible. Also, it's three games for 800microsoft points. That's a friggin' steal!

Its 9.99 on psn right. Can't use stick for mk and 360 pad sucks :(

I've used the 360 pad for SSFIV, UMK3 and the latest MK with no problems. As long as you're running it with the thumb-stick as opposed to the D-pad, it's grand.

i switched to stick for mk9, think was for the better2 and yea the 360 pad sucks,for anything :p

now to decide where my run button will go....

• Advertisement

i switched to stick for mk9, think was for the better2 and yea the 360 pad sucks,for anything :p

now to decide where my run button will go....

Bah, who needs Run when you're just gonna be playing the hell out of MKII :p

release trailer, its soooooo close :pac::pac::pac:

release trailer, its soooooo close :pac::pac::pac:

Looking like it'll be next week before I can get my hands on this one :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

Yea quite looking forward to this, another fighting game for pc will be a welcome break from AE, though i am fairly poor at MK games in general so it'll be nice to start from ground zero :) I didn't see anything about cross platform play which would be great but i doubt it'll happen ;)

Actually while were on the subject, i've pretty much seen everywhere i've been reading that MK2 is the best game in the series, suppose i'm kinda wondering if anyone has an opinion on what the best game to start with would be, i have played mk games before but it was only a few weeks playing Deadly Alliance when it came out and i was very young when i played the other games so i can't even remember the moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

aeonfusion wrote: »
    Yea quite looking forward to this, another fighting game for pc will be a welcome break from AE, though i am fairly poor at MK games in general so it'll be nice to start from ground zero :) I didn't see anything about cross platform play which would be great but i doubt it'll happen ;)

Actually while were on the subject, i've pretty much seen everywhere i've been reading that MK2 is the best game in the series, suppose i'm kinda wondering if anyone has an opinion on what the best game to start with would be, i have played mk games before but it was only a few weeks playing Deadly Alliance when it came out and i was very young when i played the other games so i can't even remember the moves.

From a competitive standpoint, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 is considered the best of the old 2D games.

Personally, I think Mortal Kombat II is the most fun.

You'd be best off just getting the latest MK though and playing that instead.

• Advertisement

From a competitive standpoint, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 is considered the best of the old 2D games.

Personally, I think Mortal Kombat II is the most fun.

You'd be best off just getting the latest MK though and playing that instead.

mk9? nah i don't have a console man, i'm getting a ps3 soon enough but it wont be for a few months so no mk9 for me quite yet.

aeonfusion wrote: »

MKII has always been my personal favourite. Enough characters to go around, few cool D.I.Y style combos, and a rake of cool little secrets. It still stands true as a great fun game.

MKII has always been my personal favourite. Enough characters to go around, few cool D.I.Y style combos, and a rake of cool little secrets. It still stands true as a great fun game.

i 2nd that :)

id really like to see mortal kombat trilogy see a re release too,my ps one copy recently broke :( that was the best version on mk3 imo

psn europe can go $@%* themselves,

arcade kollection delayed in europe with the only think bein said is "shouldnt be to far off"

god damn sony,your like that hot girl who always cheats but u still go back 2

*opens absinthe hip flask*

got delayed for pc by a month, w00p go pc fighting games.

a month? thats harsh,:mad:
    wouldnt be suprized if have to wait that long to for psn, well aparently the online as laggy as hell and its being patched but id still like it now for offline play, well going to be trolling with "friendships", wish there had them in mk9 like babalities came back

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭theothers108

Any one know when this is coming out im so pissed its not out yet!!!

Any one know when this is coming out im so pissed its not out yet!!!

Did the 360 version not come out today? Or was that set back too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Xbox version came out afaik. At least I'm fairly certain I was able to DL it. I'll doublecheck though.

EDIT : Yeah the Xbox version is available for download.

Orim wrote: »
    Xbox version came out afaik. At least I'm fairly certain I was able to DL it. I'll doublecheck though.

EDIT : Yeah the Xbox version is available for download.

Glad to here it. Seems like they dropped the ball a bit with the release dates, but at least one the versions is available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Apparently its absolute MUCK. Online is all but unplayable. Some 'real' bad reviews out there.

I bought it on PSN and ... I like it. BUT I am not a big fighting fan but like it for nostalgia and couldn't tell you if its buggy or not (apparently its riddled with bugs - I wouldn't be able to tell the difference versus the arcade originals). I have played online and its pretty lame (especially compared to SF III online).

brianon wrote: »
    Apparently its absolute MUCK. Online is all but unplayable. Some 'real' bad reviews out there.

I bought it on PSN and ... I like it. BUT I am not a big fighting fan but like it for nostalgia and couldn't tell you if its buggy or not (apparently its riddled with bugs - I wouldn't be able to tell the difference versus the arcade originals). I have played online and its pretty lame (especially compared to SF III online).

u either trolling or u got a us account?? cause it aint out an eu store,just did search there to make sure

if it is that u have a us account the online is bein patched asap,nrs have released a stament via tym confirming this and for the "bugs", have you not played the orignals?? there broken as sin,thats half the fun :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

u either trolling or u got a us account?? cause it aint out an eu store,just did search there to make sure

if it is that u have a us account the online is bein patched asap,nrs have released a stament via tym confirming this and for the "bugs", have you not played the orignals?? there broken as sin,thats half the fun :p

sry. Meant XBL, not PSN. Its buggy beyond the originals ... apparently.
    Losing the rag over on the MK forums they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭theothers108

Were the fuk is it????

Were the fuk is it????

looking like its going to be in next weeks store update if pattern of time it takes when us store gets something and eu doesnt it the same, thankfully my brother got it on xbl so an still play it at the mo, friendships ftw!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

...simply because the AI feels so cheap, I know it's "supposed" to be a near carbon copy of the actual arcade ports of the games and I've heard they were fairly challenging. But if that is the case, why did they give the option to change the difficulty on this?

I have to have it stuck on 'very easy' and I haven't been able to finish any of the games.

I have cleared MK1 numerous times, I've only gotten as far as Kintaro in my early years playing MK2 and I've cleared MK3 unbelievable amounts.

So I can clearly notice a huge difference in these games than what they were for me 10 or so years ago.

Is there going to be a patch or something to fix or tweak the AI's difficulty, because I am not good at MK, I'm horrible at it. This arcade collection doesn't seem to be casual-gamer-friendly and changing the difficulty didn't seem to make any difference for me :(

gamercfc wrote: »
    ...simply because the AI feels so cheap, I know it's "supposed" to be a near carbon copy of the actual arcade ports of the games and I've heard they were fairly challenging. But if that is the case, why did they give the option to change the difficulty on this?

I have to have it stuck on 'very easy' and I haven't been able to finish any of the games.

I have cleared MK1 numerous times, I've only gotten as far as Kintaro in my early years playing MK2 and I've cleared MK3 unbelievable amounts.

So I can clearly notice a huge difference in these games than what they were for me 10 or so years ago.

Is there going to be a patch or something to fix or tweak the AI's difficulty, because I am not good at MK, I'm horrible at it. This arcade collection doesn't seem to be casual-gamer-friendly and changing the difficulty didn't seem to make any difference for me :(

nope,only to fix the online issues

remember these are ports from the orignal arcades,not the console versions,
    arcade mk was harder, more people lose, more people can play, machine gets more money put in2 it etc etc = more dollar dollar bills :pac:

nope,only to fix the online issues

remember these are ports from the orignal arcades,not the console versions,
    arcade mk was harder, more people lose, more people can play, machine gets more money put in2 it etc etc = more dollar dollar bills :pac:

Yeah I know that already boy I said that. The arcade machines didn't have difficulty settings either, that's also what I said. I said why is there options to change the difficulty if it doesn't even make any difference? I know they're ports from the original arcades. I don't understand the difficulty options. Very Easy & Very Hard (in my books) seem very very very similar. I tested it the other day, I played MK1 on Very Easy, got as far as Goro and died countless times. Done it again on Very Hard and died a few times in a row on the fight before Goro. I don't want to do cheap tactics to beat them, it's not fun for me. And it's the solution everyone is giving to beat the AI on this game. It's irritating and not fun, it's more like a chore than anything else.

gamercfc wrote: »
    The arcade machines didn't have difficulty settings either, that's also what I said.

Yes they did.

• Advertisement

Yes they did.

How? From what I remember, you put the coin in, and the char' selection screen appeared, there you go. I don't remember a main menu or options menu being in the arcade machines......

Advertisement