Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭spacenugget

deathrider wrote: »
    MKII- I honestly think that if you dislike MKII, you've got some serious problems, and should probably get youself checked out :p I've played more games over the years than is humanly healthy, and very very few of them have been more fun than this.

I had MKII on the snes and it will always remind me of long summer nights in my cousins. Game is the only MK I ever truely thought was a great game.

UMK I was addicted to when it got re-re-re-released on xbla, I got pretty good with Kano, but since I got a stick i havent been able to play it (no button config).

Im trying my best to resist picking this up :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I had MKII on the snes and it will always remind me of long summer nights in my cousins. Game is the only MK I ever truely thought was a great game.

UMK I was addicted to when it got re-re-re-released on xbla, I got pretty good with Kano, but since I got a stick i havent been able to play it (no button config).

Im trying my best to resist picking this up :o

Well there's a button config with this release, which is mighty handy (and let's be honest, it's fecking essential these days). MKII is still on of my all-time favourite games. I've probably clocked up more time on that one over the years than I ever have doing anything productive.

Also, some of the different style settings for the screen are cool (thought some really aren't). I quite like the "painted" effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

so the buzz at the minute, just incase there any ps3 users still waiting on this is,we will get it when the online gets patched,if its true,hard2say

I kinda wish there was a boss battle mode in this, becasue I have a lot more fun fighting against Kintaro, Motaro, and MKII's Shao Kahn (UMK3's Shao Kahn, not so much), than I do fighting against the rest of the cast. I almost feel disappointed when I beat them, because I knew I'm gonna have to climb that ladder before I can have another scrap with them. Still though, it keeps me coming back for more :D

Kinda suprised (yet completely feckin' delighted) to see MK-AK blow 3rd Strike outta the PSN charts.
    http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6338877/mortal-kombat-kollection-tops-september-psn-sales?tag=updates%3Beditor%3Ball%3Btitle%3B6

Has it still not been released here yet, or what's the craic on that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

MKII and UMK3 are almost impossible even on easy.

Azure_sky wrote: »
    MKII and UMK3 are almost impossible even on easy.

I have to dissagree with you there, dude. UMK3 is fairly rough stuff, but MKII ain't too bad. You'd need to nail a few combos in MKII to get anywhere though.

still no mkak on psn eu :mad:

That's complete sh1te on NRS's behalf.

That's complete sh1te on NRS's behalf.

its sony eu's fault,not nrs,its nrs fault that the outsourced it and did no testing

• Advertisement

its sony eu's fault,not nrs,its nrs fault that the outsourced it and did no testing

Still, it's complete sh1te one way or another.

Still, it's complete sh1te one way or another.

agreed, hopefully when the game gets its promised patch that psn eu will get the "working" version,till then i guess ive have to use mame for my retro fix,
    **sees mk deception box in press,**** that time to play s+ tier baraka**

agreed, hopefully when the game gets its promised patch that psn eu will get the "working" version,till then i guess ive have to use mame for my retro fix,
    **sees mk deception box in press,**** that time to play s+ tier baraka**

When is said patch due?

... And Deception ain't retro.

When is said patch due?

... And Deception ain't retro.

hasnt been said

and i know it aint "retro",hence why i said "**** that" im going to play deception plus its over 8 years old and on a near obsolete console so if it aint retro now,it soon will be :p

Everything that ain't retro now soon will be though... ;)

MKAK IS FINALLY OUT FOR PSN EU!!!!!

over 9000 k's worth of joy in my heart right now,mk2 baraka!!!!1

Well it's about damn time!

Well it's about damn time!

yea i know,was orignaly released in sept i think
    thankfully my brother had it for xbox so i could still buzz on it but so glad have it on my own console, we all dont have mk cabinets like some people :p:p:p

yea i know,was orignaly released in sept i think
    thankfully my brother had it for xbox so i could still buzz on it but so glad have it on my own console, we all dont have mk cabinets like some people :p:p:p

I have no witty comeback for that... So I'm just going to look smug instead :cool:

I have no witty comeback for that... So I'm just going to look smug instead :cool:

well played :cool:

• Advertisement

Thank you, kind sir. So when will there be a big MKAK tournie?

Thank you, kind sir. So when will there be a big MKAK tournie?

yea i all ready said to kuro about sticking in mk2 at next tyh (see kuro intrest already :rolleyes:)

but seriously no one wants to happen,my mk9 mileena/baraka is balls compared to my mk2 versions,id be frienshiping people all day :pac::pac::pac:

MKII is still the best of the bunch, in my oppinion. There's no way it can be played without a rake of fun being had. I'd be more than happy to have my Kitana's ass kicked in a MKII tournie. Just for the craic.

MKII is still the best of the bunch, in my oppinion. There's no way it can be played without a rake of fun being had. I'd be more than happy to have my Kitana's ass kicked in a MKII tournie. Just for the craic.

of the 2d ones yea id agree,
    its just so much fun,know umk3 has alot more depth but maybe thats why some prefer mk2,maybe becuase of all the new chars that came after mk1

the difference in mentaily while playing them2,
    playin mk1-3 getting cuaght in infin's im like "damn i got blown up"
    playin mk9 getting caught in cyrax combo or jax in the corner im like "i want to blow up everthing in this ****ing room:mad:"

It might just be the nostalgic joy that does it for me. Not only my favourite MK game, but one of my all time favourite games.

It might just be the nostalgic joy that does it for me. Not only my favourite MK game, but one of my all time favourite games.

yea same with me,mk2 was the 1st game i played and started me off for my love of mk,
    also i know they get crap for bein even more broken but the 3d ones were fun as hell..yes even mk vs dc :eek:

Deadly Alliance is a complete beast!!

And let's never mention MK Vs DCU again :pac:

indeed DA was pretty beast,loved the bleedout thing when certain char stabbed you with there weapon
    deception of course was ****ing insane being baraka was godtier in it
    MKA was ok apart from i didnt like the way fatalites where done
    mk4 i could live without though,gold was better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

i used to have all nighters with MKII on my Sega Mega Drive. if someone were to bring MKII to casuals i know i'll have to have a good few games with my Reptile :)

• Advertisement

2gen wrote: »
    i used to have all nighters with MKII on my Sega Mega Drive. if someone were to bring MKII to casuals i know i'll have to have a good few games with my Reptile :)

some that has it on xbox would have to put it on there memory stick to bring in as ps3 cant do this,and i have a ps3

if mk2 was there though id well be up for some games,i keep annoying kuro to have it at test your hype :pac::pac: but then he might take away my beloved mk tag so then i soon become quiet :o

Advertisement