Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

indeed DA was pretty beast,loved the bleedout thing when certain char stabbed you with there weapon
    deception of course was ****ing insane being baraka was godtier in it
    MKA was ok apart from i didnt like the way fatalites where done
    mk4 i could live without though,gold was better

I've only played an hour or two of MK4/Gold ever. From what I can remember, I really didn't dig it. HAving said that though, I'd still love to have it in the collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

deathrider wrote: »
    I've only played an hour or two of MK4/Gold ever. From what I can remember, I really didn't dig it. HAving said that though, I'd still love to have it in the collection.

yea the only really thing i liked about 4/gold was in gold how badass raka looked being held together by them big ass staples,kinda which they kept that going a while longer

And Quan Chi's fatality where he beat you up with your own leg, lol.

And Quan Chi's fatality where he beat you up with your own leg, lol.

yea forgot bout that till the brought it back for mk9
    and you were right btw mk2 kitanas animation is the same for sonya square wave,the "back that ass up" in mk9 is better though ;) ex ass to the face

yea forgot bout that till the brought it back for mk9
    and you were right btw mk2 kitanas animation is the same for sonya square wave,the "back that ass up" in mk9 is better though ;) ex ass to the face

And again, I'll just sit here being smug :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I remember playing Deception so much as a child, getting all the chests and unlockable stuff on Konquest. Chess Kombat was pretty fun too

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I remember playing Deception so much as a child, getting all the chests and unlockable stuff on Konquest. Chess Kombat was pretty fun too

I really hated Konquest mode in MK: Deception. It just made me think "if I wanted to run through the realms uppercutting folks, then I'd just fire up MK Shoalin Monks instead"

ye i really liked konquest mode,shujenko was a beast! (so sad he wasnt brought back for mk90

puzzle kombat was my fav side game throughout the series but yes the chess was pretty fun also

ye i really liked konquest mode,shujenko was a beast! (so sad he wasnt brought back for mk90

puzzle kombat was my fav side game throughout the series but yes the chess was pretty fun also

Nah, I really couldn't stand it, man. I enjoyed the Konquest in Deadly Alliance a lot more, and that was just basic training with a text story thrown over it.
    I did love the puzzle Kombat too though. I still jam on that when playing UMK3 on DS. I'm awful at puzzle games though, but it's still a bit of fun.

puzzle kombat is on the DS version of umk3!!! wtf???!!!??? did not know that!
    im well getting that and playing it on my sisters DS :p

• Advertisement

puzzle kombat is on the DS version of umk3!!! wtf???!!!??? did not know that!
    im well getting that and playing it on my sisters DS :p

Yip, it sure is. Not sure if it's exactly the same version as the Decption one (because it's been quite a while since I've played Deception), but it makes for some easy bus rides between Drogheda and Galway.

Yip, it sure is. Not sure if it's exactly the same version as the Decption one (because it's been quite a while since I've played Deception), but it makes for some easy bus rides between Drogheda and Galway.

haha true,i have unchanied for the psp and mk1gamegear,mk2 gameboy in mk handheld, i should really try find some program to let me use my stick with the psp :pac:

haha true,i have unchanied for the psp and mk1gamegear,mk2 gameboy in mk handheld, i should really try find some program to let me use my stick with the psp :pac:

I wouldn't mind picking up Unchained, but my PSP is a heap of junk. Was just talking to Razer about MK handhelds the other day at TYH. I was telling him how I have MK4 on the Gamboy, and Scorpion's name is too big for the health bar, so he's just called Scorpio in it :pac:

argh, for some reason i have forgotten how to tech throws, gettin thrown all day! its downback and punch yea?

argh, for some reason i have forgotten how to tech throws, gettin thrown all day! its downback and punch yea?

Downback and block, as far as I can remember.

ya know its gonna be a good day when the 1st thing you do is win with wake up chop chop against a kung lao online after gettin "baraka lol^^" message while match loading....goodtimes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Flat out on MK1 with the PDP. Good ****.

But have any of you noticed the **** ups?
    ****ty music loops, sounds changed and missing, horrible music quality etc?

MK II 's kredits is a perfect example. :(

All the best,
    Razer

Flat out on MK1 with the PDP. Good ****.

But have any of you noticed the **** ups?
    ****ty music loops, sounds changed and missing, horrible music quality etc?

MK II 's kredits is a perfect example. :(

All the best,
    Razer

u got the pdp,DR got his cab, i gotta get myself a retro stick setup going, playing mk1-3 feels more odd on my raka stick than mk9 does

i thought they fixed the sound issues?? i have noticed the ones that were wrong in mk2 are fixed

u noticed the inputs improving?

so nrs what have we learned...dont outsource your games

u got the pdp,DR got his cab, i gotta get myself a retro stick setup going, playing mk1-3 feels more odd on my raka stick than mk9 does

i thought they fixed the sound issues?? i have noticed the ones that were wrong in mk2 are fixed

u noticed the inputs improving?

so nrs what have we learned...dont outsource your games

i havn't noticed any sounds get better.

im pretty sure MK II is still ****ed up sound wise and Goro's Theme still doesn't play fully in the attract mode.

Ill check em both out again in a bit. And yes I did download the patch lol

US has it now too..... NO MORE BLACK SCREENS! :)

All the best,
    Razer

just had a few sets in mk2 with this liu kang player from chile(i think)
    said im the 1st baraka he ever played lol,online running smooth enough now2

if its mk2 or mk9 i hate that generic kung fu fool,best two moments in mk history,mka opening where kang dies and in the mk9 story where he dies...he better stay dead this time..no zombie kang..no god kang...only dead kang :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Did they ever fix all the problems with Mortal Kombat arcade Kollection on xbox 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

I've not tried the game in ages. Must start it and see if there is a patch.

And just like Scorpion himself (our, ya know, that holy lad that everybody talks about round this time of year), the MKAK thread comes back from the dead. I don't know if anything has been patched on the Kollection, but then again, I don't remember anything really needing a patching. Having said that though, I very rarely went online with it, so that could be were the issues arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I don't know if anything has been patched on the Kollection, but then again, I don't remember anything really needing a patching. Having said that though, I very rarely went online with it, so that could be were the issues arise.

I thought that the problems with it were that they opted NOT to include all the streaming balance patches the original MK9 had in the offline code, and instead decided to fix some display glitches with the characters hair?

I think that's what I was told when I was konsidering picking up kollection when it was kheap...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

There were a lot of looping sound problems , screen tearing and having to wait a few seconds after pausing.
    That's what I heard anyway.
    I didn't bother with it.

Just get it.... I need someone to play ;) (psn)

All the best,
    OBS

I honestly don't recall experiencing any of the problems mentioned here.

Oh, and R-Man:

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

I'm a big MK fan, this kollection was a total disappointment. I ignored the 4:3 aspect ratio but my biggest beef was actual keylock! I mean, seriously!? Keylock!? They must've used some sort of keyboard -> controller emulation. Also the controls lock out when after playing after having paused the game, totally ridiculous when you consider you might go have a glimpse at the fatality inputs and then not actually being able to perform it in time because of the lock out. The only cool thing about this kollection was the game select menu, that's about it...

I'm a big MK fan, this kollection was a total disappointment. I ignored the 4:3 aspect ratio but my biggest beef was actual keylock! I mean, seriously!? Keylock!? They must've used some sort of keyboard -> controller emulation. Also the controls lock out when after playing after having paused the game, totally ridiculous when you consider you might go have a glimpse at the fatality inputs and then not actually being able to perform it in time because of the lock out. The only cool thing about this kollection was the game select menu, that's about it...

I wasn't too impressed myself. But I still play it :) PSN or 360?

All the best,
    OBS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

Yeah, sure, I can play a few games. I'm on 360. I've played MK1 and 2 back in the day but only got hardcore when MK3 was out so I'd be interested in playing MK3 but 2 is ok too.

Advertisement