Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Short-term accommodation - South Dublin (1 month)

Options
  • 27-08-2011 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,356 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to get a 1-bed place for a month in September for 2 people. What are my options?

I have looked at hotels - too expensive, and short-term lets which are affordable but mostly have 3-month minimum leases and 4 weeks advanced booking.

My budget would stretch to about €1,600 for the month and I'd like a place in Dublin near enough to the Stephen's Green Luas line.

Right now I'm still looking into some of the Sandyford properties available for short term but a lot of these are over €2k. Would be perfect though.

Is there anything I'm not trying? Do people sub-let for a month? Are there hotels or B&Bs with long term stays?

It's just an awkward amount of time that is too long for a regular hotel stay, but too short for a regular apartment lease. :(

Any advise/suggestions hugely welcome!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

www.budgetplaces.com seems to have a few places available.
    I think there are also a few on Daft around 160 euro per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,356 ✭✭✭✭8-10

shoegirl wrote: »
    www.budgetplaces.com seems to have a few places available.
    I think there are also a few on Daft around 160 euro per week.

Thanks a lot! I'm checking it out. Daft seems to have a good short-term section so scouring that now. It's just awkward because I left it so late and I'm not renting for a calendar month, just 4 weeks.

I'm hoping I can get a room in an apartment/house. Hotel/B&B is all well and good but for a month I'd really want to be able to cook dinner at night and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MaCiara

I may have a room for two off Newtownpark Ave if you still searching. Ph Ciara 087 2620008

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement