Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tintin

Options
  • 27-08-2011 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Anyone know if it is possible to buy a "boxset"of tintin comics? I'm looking to get it as a gift for my brother and i've seen something on amazon which seems ideal, however, most of reviews complain about the size of the comics (they have been reduced in size I think?).

Wondering if you can buy something nice and neat, packaged well,with every issue just like I remember (an 80's Irish kid)....think they were A4/slightly bigger? Any advice appreciated...:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

(they have been reduced in size I think?).

The three-in-one hardcover collections are half the size. Two side to side make up the length of the original books. So a bit bigger than A2.

Apparently the Collector's Gift Set is bigger than the hardcovers, has a bonus book (Tintin & Co.) but is still smaller than the originals and has left Soviets, Congo and Alph-Art out. From the Look Inside, book one in that set is book two in the hardcovers that I've got.

Seems the only option to get the original size is to buy them all seperately.

Advertisement