Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a computer chair

Options
  • 27-08-2011 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭

Iv had a look at viking direct and some of them look really nice but prices are very high

So Im just wondering could anyone recommend a computer chair for me please
    A real comfy one too

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

How much is too high a price? not that I have a recommendation but a spending limit may help give others an idea of what to recommend for you.

One's we used sit on in a job a few years ago were the best chairs ever, but had a €600 price tag :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

calex71 wrote: »
    How much is too high a price? not that I have a recommendation but a spending limit may help give others an idea of what to recommend for you.

One's we used sit on in a job a few years ago were the best chairs ever, but had a €600 price tag :eek:

200 would be to high

Rome Executive Office Chair, Leather Look in Cream on viking looks the business but the price is just to high

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6178077.htm

i use that , does the job.

have one of those €1000 ones in work and its ****ing awesome, deffo stealing it when it leave.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

These are very good, brother has one

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/20103101

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I've got a swivel chair from Ikea that ticks all the boxes. Comfy, leather and not too expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

On the cheaper end of the scale I've bought one of these for my last three apartments - Viking Berlin Executive Office Chair. Couldn't recommend it enough, especially for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Yeah I use the Thames - http://www.vikingdirect.ie/a/pb/Office-Chairs/Executive-Office-Chairs/Thames-Executive-Office-Chair-Leather-Look-in-Black/pr=QD8&id=5311476/

For €40 you can't go wrong. Very comfortable...arm rests are perfect on this chair too I find. Hundred times better than the argos chairs i've used in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

ultimate_gaming_chair.jpg

Oh, you said cheap...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

gizmo wrote: »
    On the cheaper end of the scale I've bought one of these for my last three apartments - Viking Berlin Executive Office Chair. Couldn't recommend it enough, especially for the price.
    Whereas I simply couldn't recommend it. ;)

Headrest 8 inches too low and sticks into my upper back, rather than supporting my head. I'm not even tall. I made do with it for a couple of years but am glad to be rid of it.

Guess I'm fussy as I didn't find the high-backed IKEA offering to be particularly suitable for computer use either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Fnz wrote: »
    Whereas I simply couldn't recommend it. ;)

Headrest 8 inches too low and sticks into my upper back, rather than supporting my head. I'm not even tall. I made do with it for a couple of years but am glad to be rid of it.

Guess I'm fussy as I didn't find the high-backed IKEA offering to be particularly suitable for computer use either.
    Hmm, it doesn't support my head unless I slouch alright but then again I never really expected it too. As a matter of interest, what did you replace it with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

gizmo wrote: »
    Hmm, it doesn't support my head unless I slouch alright but then again I never really expected it too. As a matter of interest, what did you replace it with?

Not only does the headrest not support the head/neck, if you sit back into the chair, it forces the upper spine forwards. Felt like it was encouraging poor posture.

I've reverted back to a somewhat tatty old 'task chair', bought in Musgraves a decade ago. It's armless and lacks a tilt function, but has numerous points of adjustment. I was considering upgrading but task chairs can be expensive.

My friend went with this (€600, I believe) little number. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Right lads new budget is 200 euro

viking direct have some nice chairs like the http://www.vikingdirect.ie/a/pb/Office-Chairs/Executive-Office-Chairs/Rome-Executive-Office-Chair-Leather-Look-in-Cream/pr=QD8&id=3267168/

but the shipping is just to expensive

anyone got any other recommendations ?

Advertisement