Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost my wedding ring

Options
  • 27-08-2011 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I got married in Kilcullen in March this year. I chose not to have an engagement ring but to get a beautiful unique wedding ring. Last Thursday August 25th I noticed it was no longer on my finger. It's been a little loose lately but not so it'd fall off. I'm posting here in the hope that someone somewhere in Kildare might have seen it. The ring is a two tone rose and white gold, fairly wide band with an inscription inside. I'm devestated to have lost it. I swim in the Keadeen and had them check their pool filters, I was in Marks and Spencers in Newbridge that day and I've been back to check there. Also told the guards. Turned the house upside down. Don't know what else to do but thought I'd post here as a last hope. Devestated without it. Thanks for reading through this long post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

Have you tried giving some radio show like Ray Darcy a Ring? Might be worth a try his show is good at finding things.

No pun intended.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Might be worthwhile putting a call into local radio too.And maybe a note in your local paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Experience says it gets lost / falls off when water is involved or unconcious times such as sleep. Turn bed inside out and upside down, check slats under mattress, behind bed in pillow cases, etc etc. Do the same in bathroom and also check laundry basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭applejam

Oh i really hope you find it.
    I found my engagement ring in the toilet one day, i had washed my hands and shook them as there was no towel, went off got the towel and never noticed for a few hours that it was gone.
    Tore the house apart and the bathroom, wasn't until I needed a wee, lifted the lid and there is was in the water :eek:

St Anthony is quite good at helping you find things ( if your anyway religious)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hilarymcl

I'm still looking - never had a tidier house! Still no sign but I'll try some of your suggestions re paper and radio if it hasn't appeared by the end of this week. Really feel that it was in the house I lost it, but you never know. Thanks again.

• Advertisement

hilarymcl wrote: »
    I'm still looking - never had a tidier house! Still no sign but I'll try some of your suggestions re paper and radio if it hasn't appeared by the end of this week. Really feel that it was in the house I lost it, but you never know. Thanks again.

Definitely try Ray Darcy's fix it Friday. They usually have great success at this sort of thing

Advertisement