Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Dinner

• 28-08-2011 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Anyone recommend a good place to go for Sunday dinner in Waterford City???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Becketts (beside the woodlands) is the shít for food but service can be very slow if it's busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

We gave up on Becketts a long time ago. Good food but it gets uncomfortably crowded on Sundays. Even if you're lucky enough to get a table we couldn't relax while we're there.

The iVee in the Cove do a fantastic dinner. Unlike most Sunday places you order sitting down but the service is very quick and both the food and cost is top notch. Failing that then either the Uluru or Woodlands do good feeds as well.

I don't like Carvery food no matter how nice it is I just prefer sit down meals. Sounds really snobby and it drives the wife demented but it's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Anyone who likes to make their own..

The rotesserie chicken that they sell in aldi is just awesome. Ya cook it in a bag and the chicken itself has a sweet and sticky coating...superb. Nothing like making your own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Likes the woodlands myself. Also handy for parking! In saying that though you can't beat McDonalds or subway for a good hangover cure on Sunday!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭banjacksed

ziedth wrote: »
    Becketts (beside the woodlands) is the shít for food but service can be very slow if it's busy.

+1 on that, went in one day, 5 people in the bar 4 staff on, waited 10 minutes to get a brew, and 20 mins before taking an order , ****e service

Showboat, Uluru, three ships, , now that i think of it the holy cross is supposed to be nice, and its on my list to try :D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

The Yellow House.

The Holy Cross is A1. I haven't been there for Sunday lunch (back tonthe cavery issue) but their barfood in the evening is savage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Must say the gingerman is pretty nice as well. Often go in for a dinner at lunch on a saterday. Not the most elegent food, but nice simple dinners that taste really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Got really nice food out in the Manor Hotel a while ago on a sunday. No idea if its still going

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

if its a good carvery u want go to the showboat!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭alphapa

bit further out but the halfway house is top notch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

I like a good tasty carvery and at the moment the iVee at The Cove in Ardkeen is my favourite place. I also find the service/bar staff are very attentive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

+ 1 on Becketts, was there two weeks ago, got the chicken stir fry, savage it was. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

The Buffalo Burger in the Cove is savage!

Godsentme wrote: »
    The Yellow House.

eeeehhhhh, you mean the yellow house on the cork road???:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cjpcoughlan

try the ivee @ the cove bar great tasty food but very reasonable nd service is friendly and fast

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭spankadamonkee

ziedth wrote: »
    And they barely tolerate kids, if you have any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cjpcoughlan

havent been to becketes but ivee @ cove is great for all family kids included. actually just realised they also run the food opreration at t & h doolans in waterford city centre as well. must try there nxt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

The Holy Cross is very good and TBH most in town are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

eolasguy wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good place to go for Sunday dinner in Waterford City???

Mams house is always good....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

chelloveks wrote: »
    Mams house is always good....

Yeah I love calling to your mother's

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

seanybiker wrote: »
    Yeah I love calling to your mother's

Yeah, she's a little cold n bony these days but boy that caulcannon is great on Sunday's!

Advertisement