Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurricane Irene

Options
  • 28-08-2011 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Is it likely that we ll get the tail end of Irene in Ireland in the near future or will it take a different trajectory and miss us completely? It obviously wouldn't be a hurricane by the time it made it over here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

If it hits here it'll more than likely be a few days of rain and wind. Par for the course really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

True. Atlantic hurricanes never have enough in them to make it all the way to Europe. And any storms that do get to Europe started off in the middle of the Atlantic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Davidmator

compared to this summer it probably will seem like a bad downpour :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Davidmator

What would ya know... looks like it ll miss us after all!:cool:

http://www.stormpulse.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Davidmator wrote: »
    What would ya know... looks like it ll miss us after all!:cool:

http://www.stormpulse.com/

Too far away for models to be reliable. Also I would've thought too rare an event for the models to be much use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I think the remains will be taking too much of a liking to Iceland. Will keep things breezy anyway. Hopefully a few hefty showers will come our way from it's energy.

Edit: Although I just looked at a very far out chart for the 8th showing a rapidly deepening wave crossing to the north. Too far though.

Advertisement