Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin meters

Options
  • 28-08-2011 12:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭

Would iike some feedback on electricity by coin meters ? I know its set by the rate but how much a day roughly would you spend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

eternal wrote: »
    Would iike some feedback on electricity by coin meters ? I know its set by the rate but how much a day roughly would you spend?

How long is a piece of string?
    It depends on how much electricity you use: try this for some tips: http://www.esb.ie/esbcustomersupply/residential/energy_efficiency/appliance_calculator.jsp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

That is very helpful ,thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

If your landlord (insane it may sound but coin meters are unregulated and so the landlord can set them at whatever rate they choose - there are no regulations around reselling utilities in Ireland) sets them at the regular ESB or other providers rate, you will use the same rate as in a normal 2 month bill divided by the number of weeks.

Check the settings on the meter to see what the rate is. As there is a PSO charge the landlord will probably add on a little to cover that, but watch out for landlords doubling the rate (I have experienced this) in order to add a profit for themselves.

Advertisement