Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS: Bits and pieces - groupset, components, computer etc...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

where are you based as i would be interested in the groupset

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Based in Limerick, travel around a bit from time to time though. How about yourself?

i'll be in that area sometime next saturday as i'm doing the 26 county relay,and one of my stages will finish in newcastle west. i'm really only looking for the shifters what would you be looking for them alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭pgd-pgd

I'll take the Sidi Shoe Covers and 2 x Carbon bottle cages off you.how much posted and do you have Paypal.
    Thanks,
    Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭baldshaunieb

I'll offer the asking for the groupset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hi Ballyhoura,
    Ill take the white seatpost clamp off ya for the asking.

Limerick based also, Ill arrange somewhere that suits you 2 meet up.

Pm me and we can sort out details.

Thanks

Mike

granda wrote: »
    i'll be in that area sometime next saturday as i'm doing the 26 county relay,and one of my stages will finish in newcastle west. i'm really only looking for the shifters what would you be looking for them alone
    Well I was hoping to sell the whole lot together, which I just have with baldshaunieb. Hope this is ok with you and you understand.
    pgd-pgd wrote: »
    I'll take the Sidi Shoe Covers and 2 x Carbon bottle cages off you.how much posted and do you have Paypal.
    Thanks,
    Paul.
    €24 posted, I have PalPal alright is this OK with you?
    Thats brilliant thanks. Will I sort you out with the crankset and these bits at the same time in Charleville?

moby2101 wrote: »
    Hi Ballyhoura,
    Ill take the white seatpost clamp off ya for the asking
    Thats great thanks, will send you a message now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭pgd-pgd

€24 posted, I have PalPal alright is this OK with you?

Sounds Fair , PM your Paypal adress & I'll get you sorted out straight away.

Many Thanks,
    Paul.

Well I was hoping to sell the whole lot together, which I just have with baldshaunieb. Hope this is ok with you and you understand.

thats no problem

• Advertisement

If you or anyone are interested in 9-Speed cassettes I have decided to sell them too. Also those photos below are of the shifters and derailleurs. See edit above:
    9 speed cassettes also available, 12-23 Ultegra 6500, 14-25 Tiagra CS HG50, 14-26 SRAM PG950 (with blank first sprocket for junior gearing). €25 for Ultegra, €15 for Tiagra HG50, €10 for SRAM. Will do all three for €40.
    See Photo 1 and Photo 2

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Speedmerchant

Am interested in riser bars. Happy to offer asking but am in Dublin. You up at all in the near/ middle future. Live/ work in s Dublin.

Yep Charleville sounds like the best plan alright! I'll take the two 9 speeds (tiagra and ultegra as well). I see elsewhere you are looking for 105 levers and front and rear derailleur. I have all three, the levers are brand new, never used, and the front and rear derailleurs are in excellent condition. Hopefully we can work something out that suits. That sound ok to you? I'll take the polar bike computer as well for the asking price.

Yep Charleville sounds like the best plan alright! I'll take the two 9 speeds (tiagra and ultegra as well). I see elsewhere you are looking for 105 levers and front and rear derailleur. I have all three, the levers are brand new, never used, and the front and rear derailleurs are in excellent condition. Hopefully we can work something out that suits. That sound ok to you? I'll take the polar bike computer as well for the asking price.

Ya that sounds great. Just wondering which 105 they are? 5600 or the latest 5700? Got any pictures?

No bother with the Polar I'll bring it to me with Charleville. One thing I must say is there are 3 little clips things at the back of the computer which attach to the bike mount, one of which got damaged during the week, I emailed Polar and was going to send it off to get it fixed for £4.71 before I sold it. It still clips onto the bike grand, it just isn't as secure as day one and I zip tie it down anyway just to make sure it goes nowhere especially if I crash.

Let me know if you want me to get this job done before I pass it onto you or else I can post it onto you when I get it back from Polar. Do you know if you'll be in Charleville Saturday or Sunday or both?

Am interested in riser bars. Happy to offer asking but am in Dublin. You up at all in the near/ middle future. Live/ work in s Dublin.
    Doubtful that I will be up that way any time soon with the racing season basically over. If something changes I'll let you know. If it is any help yo you I could have them posted to you for about €20 all included.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭carrielou

Would be interested in the Polar Cad Monitor but do I need all the extra bits and pieces. Only cycling since June but really want to up training for winter and want to be able to keep an eye on my heart rate and cadence. Do I need everything you have,

carrielou wrote: »
    Would be interested in the Polar Cad Monitor but do I need all the extra bits and pieces. Only cycling since June but really want to up training for winter and want to be able to keep an eye on my heart rate and cadence. Do I need everything you have,

My Polar is provisionally sold to baldshaunieb, if you are only starting you probably don't have 4 bikes and the need for 2 cadence sensors anyway so it would have been a bit overkill. What you are looking for is just a heart rate monitor like the one I am selling, but only need the heart rate strap, one speed sensor and it is up to you if you want to keep an eye on cadence (leg speed, in revolutions per minute) which I would in fact recommend as it is too easy when starting out to get used to pushing a big gear which is not the way to go in my opinion. Hope this helps

Thanks Ballyhoura, yep agree with what you are saying and am already pushing too hard gears cos I find it easier but want to correct it over the winter and most definitely only have 1 bike haha, thanks for the advice tho, much appreciated :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Speedmerchant

Thanks for offer but I think I'll leave it.

Back for sale again as baldshaunieb no longer needs it.

1. Shimano 9 Speed Groupset components: Shimano Sora 3400 9 Speed Double Road Shifter/Brake Lever set (L&R), Shimano Sora Double Front Derailleur 34.9mm Band-On, Shimano Tiagra 4500 9-Speed Rear Derailleur short cage. All in excellent condition. I am not just saying it, but this system actually surprisingly shifts really well I actually love it but I'm now moving to 10-speed for cross compatibility so it no longer need it. Real life photos on the way. €100 for the lot. SOLD
    EDIT: 9 speed cassettes also available, 12-23 Ultegra 6500, 14-25 Tiagra CS HG50, 14-26 SRAM PG950 (with blank first sprocket for junior gearing). €25 for Ultegra, €15 for Tiagra HG50, €10 for SRAM. Will do all three for €40.
    See Photo 1 and Photo 2

• Advertisement

back again - offering the asking for the groupset. and also will take the tiagra and ultegra cassettes. deffo taking it this time!

@baldshaunieb did u buy computer?

yes, i'm buying that from ballyhoura as well.

sound, was just wondering :-)

Great deal with baldshaunieb today, thanks a mill.

All that is left are the Ritchey MTB bars, BBB head unit, carbon bottle cage, SPD platform attachments and the Giant MTB derailleur hanger.

Willing to pass on the all but the bars and cage for free if anyone wants them.

Advertisement