Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

airtricity

Options
  • 28-08-2011 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

can you just cancel your direct debit with airtricity at the moment we have a standing order with airtricity a set amount coming out every week then there is a direct debit for any extra every time I check my acc money seems to be gone out to airtricity .Last month 200 euros dd plus my standing order just disappear off to them I check my airtricity a/c and it is 170 in credit why are they taking 200.Then just 3 weeks later another 43 dd while my a/c is still in credit im thinking of just cancelling this dd what if i move to bord gais are they any better and could i take my credit with me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you contacted Airtricity to see why they are taking this money?

If you cancel your contract with Airtricity, they will have to refund you any credit on your account. You cannot transfer it to another supplier.

Maybe someone else can clarify, but do Airtricity impose contracts? i.e. are you tied to them for a certain period of time?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭moonfish

ive contacted them for the first 200 only just found out about last 43 anyways everytime i ring they seem to come out with a load of crap they just don't seem to make sense billing system seems to intentionally confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What have they actually said?

What does your paper bill say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

If they take any money they have not billed you for or properly notified you of under the direct debit guarantee scheme you are entitled to have that amount returned to your account by your bank.

Check your meter reading on your last bill against your current reading, they may be charging you a fixed monthly rate and "topping up" whenever they read the meter. Or their billing system could be a bit off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Keep in mind that if you cancel a direct debit, you may have to pay a deposit in lieu.

• Advertisement
Advertisement