Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going for a ride on mower

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

secman wrote: »

Had to look at this title again, my first interpretation was ......well............ un-printable....................what kind of sick bastard would think of that.......then I realised .........

Ah well, my tuppence worth, got my self a 18.5HP Castlegarden, good work horse, have it 4 seasons now ,never a bother, just use it for cutting grass mind you ! No kinky stuff here !

Secman

I thought exactly the same when I read it first!!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭shamcfc

secman wrote: »

Had to look at this title again, my first interpretation was ......well............ un-printable....................what kind of sick bastard would think of that

Secman

:D:D:D

Lads thinking of buying mulch only mower.....know some people sad there not great for Irish weather but have been just mulching all summer with the lawnmower and find it fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

shamcfc wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Lads thinking of buying mulch only mower.....know some people sad there not great for Irish weather but have been just mulching all summer with the lawnmower and find it fine

Mowing frequency is the key with mulching...
    If you're confident you will hit it regularly then yes it's possible to do nothing else...

If like myself you miss the odd week mid season then you need the option to collect the silage for baling :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

Right lads just to update, today I took the plunge and bought a 12hp simplicity ride on.. It's about 12 yrs old but the thing Is bloody immaculate big lump of a machine. 36 inch twin blade cut.
    The reason I went for for this one was my brother in law bought the exact same one and is delighted with it.. Asked my mower man about it and highly recommended it as he says the build quality are excellent on these
    Delivery is tomorrow so I'll update again soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Right lads just to update, today I took the plunge and bought a 12hp simplicity ride on.. It's about 12 yrs old but the thing Is bloody immaculate big lump of a machine. 36 inch twin blade cut.
    The reason I went for for this one was my brother in law bought the exact same one and is delighted with it.. Asked my mower man about it and highly recommended it as he says the build quality are excellent on these

Nice one.
    Happy mowing.
    Maintenance is the key. Most of these lowers are bulletproof if not abused and basic maintenance done.

Hope it's a hydrostatic.... Apparently all the four year olds of the countryside are laughing at us granddads with our auld manual gears :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

bbam wrote: »

Nice one.
    Happy mowing.
    Maintenance is the key. Most of these lowers are bulletproof if not abused and basic maintenance done.

Hope it's a hydrostatic.... Apparently all the four year olds of the countryside are laughing at us granddads with our auld manual gears :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks mate.. No hydro here... 5 forward 1 reverse..proper old school lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

What sorta money ?

euro's:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

euro's:D:D:D

Humour ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Ok, it seems that my "must" have hydro drive and a "highest hp" are a funny point around here.

The reason i said get the highest hp you could afford is as follows

More HP = more power to drive the blades, thus the grass is propelled into the collection bag easier. Reduces the amount of grass blockages to 1 or 2 all year. This is key to maximising belt life and straining the desks etc. And the lawn we cut is half moss and grass.

Ok the 4 year old (who is now 6yo since June) cuts the full lawn on his own (fully supervised) by his granddad. I guess unless you have used hydro drive your not going to appreciate it. I guess power steering on cars was a stupid idea also.

Ah well, back to my bwa push mower and strimmer. See i dont have a ride on, i was going on experience.

Last tip. Either empty the petrol tank afterhe last cut of te season, or put a tap on the fuel line, and disconnect the battery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

Happy mowing Chief! I have a Castelgarden 102cm 13.5hp for 8 years now and never let me down apart from when Im a bit abusive to it!!Maintainance is really important, dont skimp on it. I cheaped out and didnt service mine for two seasons and it ended up costing me. Dont know where you are but there's a guy in Kildare called Colm Ruffley thats a wiz with ride on services. And no before anyone asks, I dont work there, just believe in promoting someones business when they go that extra mile!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Theprogardener

My advise; If you "really" want a mower to last buy a Kubota. We have being buying them for years. Simply the best, but you dont have to buy new, a good second hand G1900 with collector with 1k hrs would set you back about €2-3k. Expect to pay €4-5k for G2100 second hand. kubota are easy to maintain, tough and extremely reliable. We bought an Iseki this year for a change, great at collecting wet grass but a pain to change blades, two hr job. Kubota 15 mins.
    Any machine that uses a PTO to drive deck will be 1000 times better than one with belts. Some good second hand machines from Irish grass machinery... follow link http://www.irishgrassmachinery.ie/blog/?cat=3

• Registered Users Posts: 37 unimog1968

My advise; If you "really" want a mower to last buy a Kubota. We have being buying them for years. Simply the best, but you dont have to buy new, a good second hand G1900 with collector with 1k hrs would set you back about €2-3k. Expect to pay €4-5k for G2100 second hand. kubota are easy to maintain, tough and extremely reliable. We bought an Iseki this year for a change, great at collecting wet grass but a pain to change blades, two hr job. Kubota 15 mins.
    Any machine that uses a PTO to drive deck will be 1000 times better than one with belts. Some good second hand machines from Irish grass machinery... follow link http://www.irishgrassmachinery.ie/blog/?cat=3

How often do you change the blades on a mower in commercial use?
    Genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kubotag1900

Know of anyone wants a Kubota G1900? genuine machine, rear discharge, new blades on deck and serviced. Why buy petrol when you could buy these work horses for less! id be looking around the 2200 euro mark

Advertisement