Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OS 4 on 3G iPhone - whats performance like??

Options
  • 28-08-2011 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Can any of ye tell me what is the performance of OS 4 like on a 3G iPhone? Does any specific version perform better than the next?

Thanks,
    Fi.

P.S.: I have tried searching the forum but didn't see anyone clearly asking this question. I have tried searching the Internet also & couldn't come up with a conclusive answer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

afair ios 4 was a pig on the 3g but think 4.1 might of being a bit better, turn off spotlight search is reccomended though

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

guil wrote: »
    afair ios 4 was a pig on the 3g but think 4.1 might of being a bit better, turn off spotlight search is reccomended though

Yes, its ok until you see it on the iPhone 4......As guil says 4.1 speeded things up a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Awful
    Check out the whited00r firmware 3.1.3 with all the features of 4.2.1 and multitasking

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Herself has ios 4 on 3g.
    Turn off spotlight and it's not too bad.
    You might want to hard reset once or twice to rebuild ios.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭fidero

Hi guys,
    I just wanted to say a Big Thanks for yer responses & sorry for the delay replying. I would hope whichever version is faster & more responsive than 3.1.2 as I hate waiting for stuff to respond like it!!!

N.D.,
    Fi.

• Advertisement
Advertisement