Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scholarly Impact in Biology

Options
  • 28-08-2011 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Dear netters,

The scholarly impact of academic articles in the social sciences is typically assessed using the impact factor - which provides a useful metric of scholarly quality at a number of levels of analysis. I'm particularly interested in article level of analysis. So my question is this - beyond the number of citations, how is the scholarly impact of peer reviewed biological articles assessed?

If you might please refer me to discussions of such matters in peer review articles, that would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    DrC

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I would suggest starting a single thread in a forum such as "researchers" rather than putting a duplicate thread into each science subforum. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement