Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Graphics Card

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Hanzer

What resolution are going to be playing at? What is the most demanding game you think you are going to be playing?

I don't see any reason why the graphics card won't work, your MB is compatible and you have more than enough juice to run it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

Well the max resolution of my monitor is 1920 x 1080 so i guess I'd be playing at that. Want to upgrade with all the new games coming out Skyrim, Batman etc but dont mind turning the graphics down a little.

Just curious if the 6870 is worth the extra or would I be fine with a 6850.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Hanzer

Personally if it were me I'd go for the 6870 from here

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-143-OK

It won't ship until the 5th of September though. Shipping is £12 so its slightly cheaper than amazon and you get Deus Ex for free.

But I can't make the decision for you, read the articles below and decided if the extra 20% power increase is worth the extra ~£25

6870 & 6850 review

Overclocking possibilities

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

Thanks for the help. Do you reckon I'd get much selling my 4850??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i got 6870 2 months ago. it replaced my 8800gt. savage gpu for money.

got my one for 170eu thought.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

xtal191 wrote: »
    Thanks for the help. Do you reckon I'd get much selling my 4850??

I'd reckon you should still be able to get at least 40 bucks for it, if the hoards of tirekickers on adverts don't wear you down first.

Advertisement