Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man City Today

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

if we werent good enough last season how can we be good enough this season with a loan signing? city liverpool have stregthened and we havent.

im disappointed.

im embarrassed by the results this yr. bad enough conceding 3 in old tratford (against a very weakend sidde, i know it wasnt our strongest team either) but to concede 5 at home!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

For a fuller picture:

And he didn't think Suarez would be a good signing.

Is it any wonder we can't sign players when the manager is that p1ss poor at reading a player's ability?

"They said he's like Rafa [van der Vaart] and you can't have him and Rafa or you'd have two players who want to drop deep, so that was the problem. We were looking for someone to play up front with Rafa. People said he couldn't do that, he drifts and comes deep. But he played up front on his own the other night [against Fulham on Monday] and he was fantastic."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

So er what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

If the chairman doesn't trust the manager, why is he still manager?!

I dont know , but levy is a spurs supporter and hasnt been afraid to splash the cash before . We had 30 mil to spend at the jan transfer window but came away with nothing.
    So er what happened?

Couldnt score , couldnt defend , in saying that Man City looked class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

What a gutless display by Spurs today,same as against UTD we were doing ok until they scored then went to shyte after that,going to take a while to pit this right.
    Corluka was shockingly bad today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ouch, we got whopped good and proper today by an excellent City side. On to the Wolves game which is always tricky. The fat lad in black sure does like to dish out the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

just heard redknapp said modric asked him to not play him today just before kick off!!!

anyone confirm or deny this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

keane=cock wrote: »
    just heard redknapp said modric asked him to not play him today just before kick off!!!

Heard that also. He is gone by Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

At least Arsenal have decided to match us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

At least Arsenal have decided to match us :)

Unbelievable. 8 goals! What a day for North London. Amazing to think that we're a point behind Arsenal, have a slightly better goal differnece, with a game in hand - and we're bottom!!

• Advertisement

The only thing that can brighten up this day is if United beat Arsenal by 6!

Oh so bitter sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Reporting that on sky sports news at the moment.

He can **** off right now as far as I'm concerned.

"Luka came to me at 11.30 this morning and said to me, 'I don't feel my head is right today'. I said, 'I feel you need to play today, Luka. I need you to play. You need to come and play'.

"I told him we had injuries and I said, 'I need you to come and play. We need you on the pitch, get out and play'.

"I told him he was our main man."

The Tottenham boss is convinced the former Dinamo Zagreb player must have been advised to say he was not up to playing in order to try to force through a move to Stamford Bridge.

"I'm sure he is getting advised to maybe not play today. We have seen it with other clubs," Redknapp added.

"He was okay yesterday morning to play and obviously something happened last night. Who knows what went on.

"Some of the papers today were saying that they are ready to make a £40million offer.

"While he still sees a chink of light to go to Chelsea, he is probably doing what maybe people are telling him the best way of getting out of here is."

Redknapp is still convinced that Modric will stay at the club, but concedes the whole saga, and transfer speculation over the future of his other players, has cast a dark cloud over the club's start to the season.

"There has been a feeling around the place that the place hasn't been right since the start of pre-season," Redknapp added.

"It has been a bit of a difficult period really.

"When people want to go it can be a problem but hopefully in another day or two when the window closes he will still be here and we'll all move on.

"I don't think he's going to go. The chairman said he isn't. When he comes back from international duty the window will be closed."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You know what? I'm pissed off about the loss and the performance today. Was awful. And i'm pissed off if Modric did say this. Had hoped the whole transfer saga was over.

But i'm ****ing furious that Redknapp told the press about what Modric said. That's got absolutely nothing to do with anyone but the team/management. What the hell is he thinking? He seems more concerned with his friendship with the press, then his relationship with the club. It's amatuer carry on, and he should damn well know better. :mad:

Something just isn't right behind the scenes.

Tru dat! Sounds like Harry engineering a way out for himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Just saw Harry there in an interview,he looked shattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

very concerned by the pre-match comments, the match perormance and the post match interviews.

I think Harry is losing the players. He's keen to bring in 'a few new face to freshing the squad up' ... more like new faces that he can keep on his side so he doesnt loose the whole team.

At the same time, If we could just get our stongest 11 fit and on the pitch at the same time I'm sure we could beat anyone on our day.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,486 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

The only thing that can brighten up this day is if United beat Arsenal by 6!

Only a lurker in these parts but had to quote this post !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Chronic match that doesn't even warrant the phrase "performance".

At least the Arses took the spotlight off us as the laughing stock!

That said, I'd 8-2 be an Arsenal fan tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Kiith wrote: »
    You know what? I'm pissed off about the loss and the performance today. Was awful. And i'm pissed off if Modric did say this. Had hoped the whole transfer saga was over.

But i'm ****ing furious that Redknapp told the press about what Modric said. That's got absolutely nothing to do with anyone but the team/management. What the hell is he thinking? He seems more concerned with his friendship with the press, then his relationship with the club. It's amatuer carry on, and he should damn well know better. :mad:

Something just isn't right behind the scenes.

completley agree .. Redknapp shouldnt be airing our dirty laundry in public. It's like he wants him to go or something .. he seems to love contradicting our chairman on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Absolute disaster

no good buying in strikers if we cant stop scores against us

Agree that the only saving grace was Arsenal being even more harmmered than us

:mad:

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Redknapp is tactically naïve (piece from SabotageTimes, sums it up well)

"Or to be more concise, tactically inadequate. Mr Triffic is far too long in the tooth to be deemed naïve. England’s next gaffer blundered horrendously in his team selection and it was inevitable that the powerful duo of Barry and Toure would dominate the midfield areas against Modric and Kranjcar all day long. The game was won before it even began. Yes he was missing Sandro, and if Parker had been drafted in a week earlier then thing may have been a touch different, but employing any personnel of physical stature – even out of position – to bolster that key area would have been far preferable to his bizarre starting XI. By the time Huddlestone waddled on for the second half City’s thoroughbreds had bolted through the stable doors and were running havoc around the paddock leaving Harry’s face looking more like a deflated soufflé than ever before"

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Gutted after this performance. My little lad was inconsolable on the train back to Stansted. The only thing that cheered the both of us up was watching the Gooners in the 2nd half at OT. Whilst I appreciate it's early days etc, the gap between ourselves and our first two opponents is frightening :(

As one despondent fan roared towards Levy & co as he stormed out of the lane yesterday... "Spend some fcukin money!"

COYS

P.S Thanks again to Hatch99 & Mullo76 for memb. cards

I think I said it last week(can't be 100%) but Friedel isn't good enough Lads play better in front of Gomes and Friedel imo makes some saves look harder then they are.

Gomes #1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I think I said it last week(can't be 100%) but Friedel isn't good enough Lads play better in front of Gomes and Friedel imo makes some saves look harder then they are.

Gomes #1

Disagree mate, id take Brad every day. What has he done wrong ?

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Disagree mate, id take Brad every day. What has he done wrong ?
    I just think he pushes the ball into the wrong area a lot of the time to be honest only got to watch highlights but still personal preference for Gomez in Goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

I just think he pushes the ball into the wrong area a lot of the time to be honest only got to watch highlights but still personal preference for Gomez in Goal.

I agree , gomes better fit than 40 year old Brad.

Why didnt we spend 3m and we would have Given in our goal now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

opinions opinions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Another one who made the trip - we were played off the park.
    MF are like schoolboys - no size or body strength, men againast midgets.
    I like Kaboul but he's no CB - dreadful on cross ball into box.
    Crouch is defo our worse striker.
    No blame on Friedel we needed 2 keepers to stop them.
    Well done to Livermore and dare i say Defoe both look like they wanted to play.

If i got 100M i'd leave Modric, Bale and Lennon go - one not interested and 2 sadly out of form.

As for Arry - i dread some of the names being mentioned - Joe Cole, Benayoun we'd never get rid of them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement