Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peppa Pig Birthday Cake

Options
  • 28-08-2011 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

My nephew would like a Peppa Pig cake for his 2nd birthday and my mum and I are planning on making it ourselves. I was thinking of just doing her face, so a round cake plus nose covered in pink icing... Has anyone else made this, or similar, and have any tips or ideas? Thanks in advance!
    Claire

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭sassa

Try cakecentral.com they have great pics there you'd get loads of ideas from. a lot of them have little tutorials or give tips on making them. hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cookie82

My nephew would like a Peppa Pig cake for his 2nd birthday and my mum and I are planning on making it ourselves. I was thinking of just doing her face, so a round cake plus nose covered in pink icing... Has anyone else made this, or similar, and have any tips or ideas? Thanks in advance!
    Claire

i made one before.... its actually fairly hard to make. here is a link to mine
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=114192555337656&set=a.110473705709541.20546.100002407358574&type=1&theater
    if you want mail me through facebook and i will give you as much guidance as possible :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 claireoboyle

Cookie82, I love your cake!! Did you make a large slab style cake and then cut out the different parts? From what I read on cakecentral that would seem to be the best way to go about it. Great site that, thanks sassa ;)

Cookie82, I love your cake!! Did you make a large slab style cake and then cut out the different parts? From what I read on cakecentral that would seem to be the best way to go about it. Great site that, thanks sassa ;)

thank you :) i got the template/picture from a printable website. i then cut out the various pieces i needed. i used a 12 inch round madera cake sliced it in the middle and put jam and buttercream in it. i then took my templates and cut out each piece to size. when that is done its just a case of icing them in each colour. try and stay as close to the size of the template as possible as it will make it easier to position her eyes. she is fairly tricky to make. hope it goes well for you, any more question dont be afraid to ask i love to help. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 claireoboyle

do you have the name of that website to hand cookie82?

• Advertisement

do you have the name of that website to hand cookie82?

http://www.coloringpages101.com/printable_page/32109/Others/Peppa_Pig_001_3.aspx

im almost sure this is the page and i just worked out the wings and crown myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

I made a George Pig cake last year for my nephew's birthday party, it was actually very easy due to big blocks of colours. Here is the one I did:

http://cookering.blogspot.com/2010/07/george-pig-birthday-cake.html

I just baked two round victoria sponge cakes then used rolled icing to cover it. I used food colouring to make the various colours needed but you can get edible paint if you want to just cover it and then paint it. Took a while to make but it was fun! Good luck and let us know how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭f9710145

Here's one I did for my niece last year
    peppacake.jpg

Advertisement