Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSU Fan noise problem

Options
  • 28-08-2011 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi

Im having a problem with a computer I just built.
    Z68 motherboard, crossfire 6950s, HX750 motherboard.

When Im browsing the net or working I turn down all fans to low. Everything in the machine is very quiet apart from the fan in the power supply, which is noisy. It seems like its running at 100 percent all the time.

I RMAd the power supply with Corsair, they sent a new one and its the exact same issue. Much too noisy. Anyone know how I can fix, could there be a bios setting or something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 blehhhh

Nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Hi ya. I was having a look at this yesterday evening and I looked up a few reviews on the HX750 - and all of them made a point of noting how quiet the fan was.

Is there a fan connection from the PSU? Someone else here surely has one of these PSU's and can advise.

PS. Just noticed how quiet this forum is on a Monday morning! Most days there be 9-10 posts at this stage. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Is the fan making loud noises or is actually the unit itself making noises/squealing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 blehhhh

Its definitely the fan, its not extremely load but it is definitely the loudest thing in my computer when just browsing and working.
    If I play games I turn up the case fans.

I bought this PSU because I wanted to build as quiet a pc as possible, very dissapointed that the pc is very queit but the PSU lets it down.

Advertisement