Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airis T920 - Route 66 - How in the name of God do I set-up this thing

Options
  • 28-08-2011 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Old skool item here. Discovered the T920 which I never activated back in the day. Does anyone know as to how I could activate these? Do they still work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

This was my first sat nav unit ~ good for what it was and a great price, mine still works.

I don't remember having to activate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sebo_

Old skool item here. Discovered the T920 which I never activated back in the day. Does anyone know as to how I could activate these? Do they still work?

I can help you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you want to help post some helpfull information.;)

KoolKid wrote: »
    If you want to help post some helpfull information.;)

hard to explain in few words on forum. have to come to me :P

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A bit suspicious when a new user comes on offering to fix peoples devices. Are you offering your services for free?

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    A bit suspicious when a new user comes on offering to fix peoples devices. Are you offering your services for free?

YES

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dynch

I have an Airis T920A with a very outdated map of Ireland & Britain on it. Anyone know how I can update this map? Preferably cheaply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Dynch wrote: »
    I have an Airis T920A with a very outdated map of Ireland & Britain on it. Anyone know how I can update this map? Preferably cheaply.

I'm not sure I'd bother. It's an ageing instrument now, fine for what it is and the map it carries, but as GPS devices got both CPU and OS improvements, the new maps and routing could be more than it could handle.

Rather like asking an old PC to run Windows 7 ~ sort of analogy. There are free maps that might work. I'll leave that to someone else, I've not been impressed, but I do see the potential.

Advertisement