Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

talk to me about fertility monitors !

Options
  • 28-08-2011 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all, few months in to ttc. still havent really been able to get a handle on when im fertile, and my cycle seems to be going from 34 to 26 or so days, so not as regular as i would like. have also been keeping an eye on my cm, but thats note revealing much either as i seem to get the right "consistency" more than once a month :confused: Tried the cheapie ovulation pee sticks last month and didnt get a positive. Would like to try a fertility monitor, but can people advise if its worth the money ?the only one i seem to come across is the clearblue one. Any thoughts ladies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

I know several people who have used the persona system and it's worked out well for them.

http://www.persona.info/uk/

there are other types, more info here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fertility_monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

The clearblue one I have found to be excellent. I tried the cheapie ones and between the cups of pee and missing the ovulation spike they just didn't work for me. With the clearblue it's pretty simple and it shows the lead up to ovulation etc. Defo recommend. yes it is expensive, hence why i put off buying it for 3 years, but compared with the €3k we spent in total it's pretty God damn cheap. We got pregnant 2 months into using it, combined with cough syrup to increase CM. Unfortunately lost, but monitoring this month again and it's showing all my hormones are back on track :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bert n ernie

Thanks for the replies ladies, was just looking for a bit of reassurance before i spent all the money!! bought it on the way home as im on cd3, so fingers crossed it gives me a better idea of when im ovulating.
    Barbiegirl, i'm sorry for your loss, sending you lots of babydust.

Advertisement