Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camcorder query, please help/ advise

Options
  • 28-08-2011 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I'm going to buy my first camcorder shortly but I'm clueless as to which to buy? Flash/disc/hard drive etc. What's the pros/cons of each.

I know that I definately want a high definition one.
    My budget is around 200-250 euro

I will only be using the camera for home filming/ holidays/ kids etc
    I need one with good battery life also.

Could anyone give me some suggestions please, lost at the moment and don't know where to start.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

mollysmam wrote: »
    I'm going to buy my first camcorder shortly but I'm clueless as to which to buy? Flash/disc/hard drive etc. What's the pros/cons of each.
    I would imagine the main drawback of disk, hard drive or anything with moving parts is that it may be more fragile and less able to take knocks. Flash however is often more expensive for a usable chuck of space.

When I'm looking for kit online I try searching for the latest round up of cameras to get an idea of what's out there at that particular moment and what are considered important features.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

ScumLord wrote: »
    I would imagine the main drawback of disk, hard drive or anything with moving parts is that it may be more fragile and less able to take knocks. Flash however is often more expensive for a usable chuck of space.

When I'm looking for kit online I try searching for the latest round up of cameras to get an idea of what's out there at that particular moment and what are considered important features.

+1 to that. Also, make sure your PC is up to scratch for editing video. I stand corrected here, but HD is very resource-guzzling when editing. I've got a Canon HV 40, but I only record in SD and burn to DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

mollysmam wrote: »

I know that I definately want a high definition one.
    My budget is around 200-250 euro

I will only be using the camera for home filming/ holidays/ kids etc
    I need one with good battery life also.

Could anyone give me some suggestions please, lost at the moment and don't know where to start.
    try here:

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/Buying-Guides.htm

And I'd recommend this, in your price range:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-LEGRIA-Definition-Digital-Camcorder/dp/B0032JTPFW/ref=sr_1_61?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1314654941&sr=1-61

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bennz

Buy a Nikon still camera with video, a 4g Sd card. About 200 euro

Advertisement