Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little known storyline facts...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Placebo wrote: »
    I think people are a bit undereducated in ireland when it comes to cliques/fashion and scenes.

Most people in Ireland would just call Remy ghey tbh. I mean. He feckin zips open his top as a win pose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sisko wrote: »
    Most people in Ireland would just call Remy ghey tbh. I mean. He feckin zips open his top as a win pose.

Aye but most people would call you "ghey" for not liking their ****ty football team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Oops, wrong forum, sorry guys.
    I thought this was the fighting game forum, not fashion and appearance.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Charlie taught Guile his fighting style. Hes better at it, thus the one handed (and footed) sonic booms.
    He's better at the booms alright, but in the Udon Comics, this is explained. The two are having a nice friendly battle of booms, when Charlie calls Guile out on still having to use two hands to fire his booms off.

Guile concedes that he still sucks at booms but says he's been using his time to perfect Charlie's other technique, at which point he pulls out his new and improved version of the flash kick which totally trumps Charlie's one.

So Charlie is way better at Booms, and Guile is way better at Flash kicks.

Funnily enough, after this totally platonic grapple of love and bro-ship, Guile goes home to be a family man and gets an ear full from his wife for never being around for her. :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    He's better at the booms alright, but in the Udon Comics, this is explained. The two are having a nice friendly battle of booms, when Charlie calls Guile out on still having to use two hands to fire his booms off.

Guile concedes that he still sucks at booms but says he's been using his time to perfect Charlie's other technique, at which point he pulls out his new and improved version of the flash kick which totally trumps Charlie's one.

So Charlie is way better at Booms, and Guile is way better at Flash kicks.

Funnily enough, after this totally platonic grapple of love and bro-ship, Guile goes home to be a family man and gets an ear full from his wife for never being around for her. :pac:

Another fun (and completely manly) Guile/ Charlie fun fact: Guile actually does Charlies animation for the flash kick in SF4. Check out the second FK in the Flash Explosion.

No one seems to have noticed that one but me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

GuilexCharlie tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Jago and Orchid are brother and sister.

Zangief has a picture of Vega on the mirror he's posing in front of in his ST ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Jago and Orchid are brother and sister.

Is this true? Or are you just messing with this one? I broke out the old Snes whjile I was home last week and bashed through KI for the first time in forever. Still an absolute joy of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's revealed in the KI2 endings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

It's revealed in the KI2 endings.

Ah, cool. I never knew that. I never bothered playing KI2 or Gold. I was happy enough with the original, but for some reason, never followed it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Sometimes still people but eliza is guiles sister(I don't know where brother came from. No more drunk posting for me) which makes him and ken brother in laws...... They don't like to talk about it though.

Also t hawk hates wrestling and had a fight with el feutre in a diner when he bad mouthed r. Mika who was on the tele at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Liquidswords

Sometimes still people but eliza is guiles brother which makes him and ken brother in laws...... They don't like to talk about it though.

charliegrill.jpgeyeswide.jpg

Sometimes still people but eliza is guiles brother which makes him and ken brother in laws...... They don't like to talk about it though.

charliegrill.jpgeyeswide.jpg

Eh yeah she is like poison ya know.......

Correcting it now. Thanks for pointing out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Doom has that in the first post.

And it's the two wives that are sisters. So Eliza is the sister of Guile's wife. Not Guile.

Orim wrote: »
    Doom has that in the first post.

And it's the two wives that are sisters. So Eliza is the sister of Guile's wife. Not Guile.

Oh..... I suck at this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

RopeDrink wrote: »
    "Guile and Ken are brothers in law. This was introduced in Studio Udon's comic and made canon in 4."

As in SF4?
    It was well known Guile's squeeze and Ken's squeeze were related, quite likely as far back as SF2. All I remember was that it was mentioned in something from Capcom, beit SF2 Sticker Magazines (Yes, used to get these) or something a little bit later... But definately before SF4.

Guile and Ken have specific win quotes against each other, referring to their brother-in-law status.

Also I think in the one of the SF game's endings that depicts Ken's wedding, Guile is a groomsman.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    "Guile and Ken are brothers in law. This was introduced in Studio Udon's comic and made canon in 4."

As in SF4?
    It was well known Guile's squeeze and Ken's squeeze were related, quite likely as far back as SF2. All I remember was that it was mentioned in something from Capcom, beit SF2 Sticker Magazines (Yes, used to get these) or something a little bit later... But definately before SF4.

Um... no ropey, really, the first official mention of that in canon is SF4 for definite. Or somehow they managed to keep it from me as a rabid sf2 fan as a kid somehow :D

Zombie thread I know, but I was just playing SFxT in arcade mode.

After the second or third fight with Abel/ Guile, Abel asks brush head how are they going to find Bison. Guile mentions that it will be difficult as Bison "Walks through raindrops without getting wet".

It's pretty much direct quote from Charlie in probably the worst acted part of the Legend of Chun Li film, and it made me chuckle.

Abel asks what that even means, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Dammit you just made me go watch "Chris Klein is on the case" again. :pac:

• Advertisement

Quick update- Apaarently, Ingrid from SFA 3 MAX and Capcom Fighting Jam is the creator of Pandora in SFxT.

She's also apparently the source of psycho power, before Bison corrupted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Quick update- Apaarently, Ingrid from SFA 3 MAX and Capcom Fighting Jam is the creator of Pandora in SFxT.

She's also apparently the source of psycho power, before Bison corrupted it.
    And that's why she's the best.

Advertisement