Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for trolling

• 28-08-2011 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

or re reg

I've done neither. I knw atleast 2 other people in this house that are on boards and also none of my posts were trolling. I would liked to be unbanned. I also think DRP being public is a total joke.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Hi UseToBeFamous ...
    none of my posts were trolling.

How would you characterise these posts in After Hours?
    Which one will you be watching?

I'm not UTD supporter but by god is GAA crap!!!
    Simple solution.

We just shoot the un-employed [EMAIL="'Bang@'"]'Bang'[/EMAIL]

Line 2 or 3 up to same bullets!!!
    No!

we need to kill

* People on welfare
    * Old people
    * Politicians
    * Public sector workers

Any one else thirsty for blood?

And all within a few hours of registering!

Not to mention the post you deleted ...
    I knw atleast 2 other people in this house that are on boards
    Perhaps if you could provide their usernames, that would be helpful to the admins for purposes of elimination.
    I also think DRP being public is a total joke.
    Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 UseToBeFamous

Hi UseToBeFamous ...

How would you characterise these posts in After Hours?

And all within a few hours of registering!

Perhaps if you could provide their usernames, that would be helpful to the admins for purposes of elimination.

Why?

I'm not UTD supporter but by god is GAA crap!!!

Not liking GAA? well thats called an opinion! I suppose not liking being a UTD or Arsenal supporter is trolling too?

we need to kill

* People on welfare
    * Old people
    * Politicians
    * Public sector workers

Any one else thirsty for blood?

Shooting the unemployed = stupid amswer for studid thread
    Shooting the rest = I was poking fun at what seems to be boards popular opinion, since all people do is moan about the people on said cathogories!

The 2 other people are on boards and dont want to be named, both have well over 2000 posts, both friends and I allow them to use my internet connection when they're here.

I deleted the post cause my friend told me it was against the charter to discrimnate against memebers of the traveling community so i thought it would be best before prevoking an incident

Why?

Well I think its pretty d!ckish thing to have to make you're business public. This is also an opinion! I guess having an opinion is trolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Trolling is the posting of controversial, inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. (Definition of trolling pulled from the AH charter ... which it would have been an idea to actually read before posting there, btw.)

All of the posts I have highlighted are controversial / inflammatory and certainly appear to have been posted with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response.

One such post from a new poster within hours of registering could be seen as possibly unintentional or due to unfamiliarity with the forum(s) involved, and would probably have attracted an on-thread warning, a PM from a mod, or an infraction.

Four such posts out of seven within a few hours? What do *you* think is the statistical likelihood of that pattern indicating a lack of deliberate intent?

Shooting the unemployed = stupid amswer for studid thread
    Shooting the rest = I was poking fun at what seems to be boards popular opinion, since all people do is moan about the people on said cathogories!
    I am very impressed with how much you have managed to absorb of AH / Boards popular opinion in one day! :)

Why?

Well I think its pretty d!ckish thing to have to make you're business public.
    And if such matters are conducted more privately it gets characterised as lack of transparency / cover-up.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't, tbh.

Trolling is the posting of controversial, inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. (Definition of trolling pulled from the AH charter ... which it would have been an idea to actually read before posting there, btw.)

All of the posts I have highlighted are controversial / inflammatory and certainly appear to have been posted with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response.

One such post from a new poster within hours of registering could be seen as possibly unintentional or due to unfamiliarity with the forum(s) involved, and would probably have attracted an on-thread warning, a PM from a mod, or an infraction.

Four such posts out of seven within a few hours? What do *you* think is the statistical likelihood of that pattern indicating a lack of deliberate intent?

I am very impressed with how much you have managed to absorb of AH / Boards popular opinion in one day! :)

And if such matters are conducted more privately it gets characterised as lack of transparency / cover-up.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't, tbh.

All of the posts I have highlighted are controversial / inflammatory and certainly appear to have been posted with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response

Calling GAA crap and not supporting man united is just my opinion, there was no intent to cause offense and nobody in the thread was offended and the poll was super close, I found out later that the thread was posted in the wrong forum. My mistake.

The post about shooting the unemployed, well maybe i didnt gauge the direction of the thread properly as the post before mine involved racism and the thread after mine was also about shooting people( i take it both were considerated trolling and both people were banned?)

And statisically I'd say a new user who may not be familiar with the sensitivity of the moderators wouldnt know they were trolling, so i feel not even being warned was very harsh.

I can see this resolvement is going nowhere. I dont see the point in having a dispute resolution when disputes arent resolved and moderators dont take anything into consideration. I didnt know what was allowed and what was not and I especially find it amusing that I just posted at the same level of black humour as what other people posted and yet I was banned

Also alot of people either said GAA was crap or football was crap and even some said both were crap!

I hope a flurry of warnerings were handed out for others!

• Advertisement
Advertisement