Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you re-pierce a tragus?

Options
  • 28-08-2011 3:04pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have tragus piercings in both ears. One has been done about 5 years, the other a few months- but the recent one is much further back and higher than the one in my other ear.

If I let the newer piercing close up, could I get it done again (but just below where it's pierced now..) after it's fully closed and healed?
    I remember a friend saying you can't re-pierce tragus piercings so thought I'd ask the boards experts.. :)

Also, since I'm here, I heard someone mention getting a 'surface tragus' piercing once- what's that, as opposed to just a tragus piercing? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I'm no expert but I can't see re piercing it being a problem. There are a few piercers in here so they will let you know for definite

Pierced mine a few nights ago. Fecking love it. Hmmmm having them both done sounds kinda cool.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

seanybiker wrote: »
    Pierced mine a few nights ago. Fecking love it. Hmmmm having them both done sounds kinda cool.
    That's what I thought- I don't know why it took me so long to get the second one done! :rolleyes: ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Posy wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have tragus piercings in both ears. One has been done about 5 years, the other a few months- but the recent one is much further back and higher than the one in my other ear.

If I let the newer piercing close up, could I get it done again (but just below where it's pierced now..) after it's fully closed and healed?
    I remember a friend saying you can't re-pierce tragus piercings so thought I'd ask the boards experts.. :)

Also, since I'm here, I heard someone mention getting a 'surface tragus' piercing once- what's that, as opposed to just a tragus piercing? :confused:

http://personalmodification.blogspot.com/2011/02/surface-tragus-piercing.html

^^^^^^^ never even heard of that before. I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 iain11

a surface tragus or vertical tragus can be known as either, i got it done in v2 in carlow! i think it looks nice and something different

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4vY60nYBe0

• Advertisement

iain11 wrote: »
    a surface tragus or vertical tragus can be known as either, i got it done in v2 in carlow! i think it looks nice and something different

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4vY60nYBe0
    Cool. Doesn't look to sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Posy wrote: »
    Hi,

My brother got surface tragus piercing or "side burn" as the piercer called it done Wednesday. its a vertical piercing where you would have sideburns outside tragus.

His neck piercing fell out and he got it done again but the piercer said she couldnt do it there because you cant pierce threw scar tissue so if the scarring isnt too big on your tragus im sure there wouldnt be a problem.

I was going to get my other tragus pierced too but this one still has hypertrophic scarring with 2 months and its only going down when i went to the doc and gave Hydrocortisyl 1% cream. too much effort if the ugly scarring happens again:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

garv123 wrote: »
    My brother got surface tragus piercing or "side burn" as the piercer called it done Wednesday. its a vertical piercing where you would have sideburns outside tragus.

His neck piercing fell out and he got it done again but the piercer said she couldnt do it there because you cant pierce threw scar tissue so if the scarring isnt too big on your tragus im sure there wouldnt be a problem.

I was going to get my other tragus pierced too but this one still has hypertrophic scarring with 2 months and its only going down when i went to the doc and gave Hydrocortisyl 1% cream. too much effort if the ugly scarring happens again:rolleyes:
    Could only improves your looks boyo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 alvinphee42

I personally think you can.

Your Belfast lad, Alvin Phee.

Advertisement