Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding out the Sex

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm sure you could ask, whether they can tell or not (it may be hospitals practice not to tell, or baby may not be in the right position to give a proper look) will be another thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

I'd say that if you want to know, ask anyone who's waving an ultrasound wand at ya! Worst they can do is say no! I was asked at a scan at 21 weeks, and I told her I didn't want to know, and at the end of the scan she told me that she couldn't tell anyway, so if you ask to know, don't be disappointed if they can't tell you!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hi, yes they will be able to tell you sex now. Assuming baby is in the right position. But if he/she isnt, you can always ask next scan, or have a private 3d gender scan done, they are brilliant and well worth the money. The scan is actually a picture of your babys face, amazing!once your over 18-22wks they should have no problem telling you the sex. Good luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplecat

Usually they asked you if you want to know the sex of the baby, or you could ask them, but whoever is scanning you will asked you if your partner says yes we want to know they asked you so you are consenting to it, if i you get what i mean.. E.g. my OH asked could we find out what sex they where, and the nurse said yes, so when she started to scan she turned to me and asked did I want to know what they where, and I said yes.
    But each hospital is different, Also depends where they are lying, and if they want to show their bits !! good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

I'm expecting a boy, and during the scan, he actually put his hand between his legs, as if he didn't want to spoil the surprise! But it was too late, we'd already spotted 'the goods' at that stage! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement